Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture or Venture X

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture or Venture X

Hi all,

First time post. I have been eyeballing the Venture X but I have never been pre approved for just the regular Venture. Just today I got a pre approval for the Venture! I have a QS and the Savor One. My question is, if I get prequalified for the Venture is it reasonable to think I would be approved for the Venture X? I am excited to finally see the Venture on there. One other question, if I try for the X, would they offer the regular Venture as a compromise? I have some travel coming up and I can really take advantage of both cards actually.

TIA!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
C6
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture or Venture X

I think that if your stats merit a limit of at least $10,000 then the underwriting should be similar. I believe that is the minimum limit for Venture X. The product is likely too new for data points on counteroffers.

Message 2 of 9
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

First time post. I have been eyeballing the Venture X but I have never been pre approved for just the regular Venture. Just today I got a pre approval for the Venture! I have a QS and the Savor One. My question is, if I get prequalified for the Venture is it reasonable to think I would be approved for the Venture X? I am excited to finally see the Venture on there. One other question, if I try for the X, would they offer the regular Venture as a compromise? I have some travel coming up and I can really take advantage of both cards actually.

TIA!

I was not prequalified for anything.  I was approved after a cold app.

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

TIA!

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes and no.  Although, the pre-approval tool can offer some insight on the potential odds, the Venture's minimum SL is $5K. The Venture X's minimum SL is $10K.

There isn't any information about your profile from your initial post to infer as to whether an approval is possible or not. If you've had an established history managing CL's = or >$5K for a while, and your profile and scores are solid, then it is possible you *could* get approved. However, if you are not approved for Venture X, they will not provide a counteroffer for the Venture card as an alternative, it would be a separate application.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update. I got approved for 10k on the Venture X. I am 2 years from my Chapter 7 and have had a couple rebuilding cards immediately after the Chapter 7 was closed from Capital One (I think this may have helped). This seems like this is now our everyday card. My FICO on Experian was 668 and my FAKO was 704ish.

Message 5 of 9
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Hey that's great, congrats!

Message 6 of 9
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous 

Excellent -congrats.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jealous! Congrats! This card is next on my list.

Message 8 of 9
Hex
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Nice. That's a really great appoval.  Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.