Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One VentureOne approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One VentureOne approval odds

As an existing CapOne CH and having upgraded QS is not a guarantee but from my take you have good approval odds getting approved for the Venture One. But yes do explore the many other options out there AMEX, DISCO, etc.. that would better suit your needs. I would have appd for the SAVOR but that was not an option then..

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like Chase but their prequal site is showing "no offers at this time" so doesn't seem like I would be approved if I tried them. Discover site is showing I'm preapproved for Discover it cash back and Discover it chrome, which makes sense because I get the letters for the discover it card every week in the mail. I'm just concerned about Discover not being accepted everywhere, I know most places are expanding and taking Discover and Amex but some places still only take Visa and MC. It's probably a small worry but still a worry. If you have experience with the Discover it card, how do you like it? Do you find it's accepted most places?

Thanks again

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also want to add in regards to Chase that I applied for the Amazon Prime Visa card last year and was declined. Also the TJX card used to be through Chase (is now Synchrony) and had been denied that as well (but that was also many years ago now). I don't think I have the credit score or history for a Chase card. My bf also applied for the Amazon card and was instantly approved with a nice CL, but he's always had an excellent CS.

Another card I was declined for was a credit card through my bank, Citizens Bank. Don't know if it's worth re applying through them. That was before I had a card and before I knew about secured cards so i'm not surprised I was declined.

Message 13 of 17
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

I skimmed the thread, and I didn't see this asked.

Did you ever check your actual FICO or are you simply relying on CK?

[2/2019]
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the Discover FICO scorecard or whatever it's called and its showing 662. I have not pulled one of my actual credit reports.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... I have not pulled one of my actual credit reports.

For a buck you can learn your actual Fico 8 3-Bureau scores. I don't understand why anyone would app, or consider apping, without this information. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smika88:
I think Discover is a great card, especially when they are generous with CLI (I would be way about getting another Capital One card that could be bucketed). I have both the It and It Chrome. I found the It had a great first year with the 2% cash back and 10% cb on quarterly categories, for the first year. After the first year, the Chrome is not very useful imo. YMMV.
I've only run into a couple of tiny stores in the last few years that didn't take discover. I'm not sure about out of the country though.
My second pulled from EX but I think the first was from EQ. The $1 CCT trial was worth it to know all of my Fico 8 scores, even though some cards give you free scores from a single bureau.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.