Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart MC CLI?

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart MC CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone receive a CLI on their Cap One Walmart MC yet? Haven't seen too much talk of this and was wondering.

My CL hasn't budged since Cap1 took over this account. It was $10,000 when they acquired it, and there it sits! I have two other Cap1 cards, both Quicksilvers, and between the three of them, this is how many CLIs I've gotten in the last year or so: ZERO. Smiley Surprised

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 11 of 22
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Steveo777 wrote:

I recently got approved for a WM MC with a $1k starting limit. I have been using it for every purchase at Sam's and WM, even gas, then paying in full. I'm gonna keep swiping and paying off and see how it works out. I'm not even gonna ask for a CLI, just to avoid the hard pulls. If it grows automatically, so be it.

I wasnt aware you can use the wm card at sams club too.

If we're talking about the same card, i.e., the Capital One Walmart Rewards MC, why wouldn't it be usable at Sams? It's a MC, so you can use it anywhere MC is accepted.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 12 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Being that the Walmart card is now serviced by Cap One, it means getting CLIs is like pulling teeth, since Cap One is notorious for no/small CLIs.

Ive only had one other co-branded Cap One card which was the Saks First that they recently took over.  3x CLI Luv button once they completed the switch. I was shocked. Previously denied on every attempt since I acquired the card a couple years back. The CLI could have just been the honeymoon phase Smiley Happy Time will tell. Hoping it's a sign of a different UW algo than their Legacy cards. 

Capital One took over the Saks, NM/BG and Menards CC portfolios a long time ago, not recently. In the past, these were with HSBC.  The only thing that was done recently was integrate their web portals into a single platform with the main Capital One website.  As far as CLIs, they still follow similar guidelines as they did with HSBC (even with the transitioned websites). I haven't noticed anything different as far as outcomes with NM or Menards either.

Why is the kohls cobranded card faily easy to get cli's with and the wm not? both are cap 1

@SUPERSQUID 

It runs on a different UW/lending platform. If you notice, the Kohls card hasn't been integrated into the Capital One main website (unlike the others). It's been managed as a separate PLCC since Capital One acquired it back in the day from Chase (when Chase used to dabble in retail consumer CCs).

Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone receive a CLI on their Cap One Walmart MC yet? Haven't seen too much talk of this and was wondering.

My CL hasn't budged since Cap1 took over this account. It was $10,000 when they acquired it, and there it sits! I have two other Cap1 cards, both Quicksilvers, and between the three of them, this is how many CLIs I've gotten in the last year or so: ZERO. Smiley Surprised

Mine has been $10K as well.  I had lowered the CL (not long before the transistion to Capital One) to spread CLs with the other SYNCB accounts. That said, I feel *for my use* $10K is plenty suitable and haven't bothered with a CLI request. I don't know whether the average or individual consumer would really spend ~$10K on a monthly or frequent basis at Walmart/Sam's Club (unless one happens to be running a business)!🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 14 of 22
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Mine has been $10K as well.  I had lowered the CL (not long before the transistion to Capital One) to spread CLs with the other SYNCB accounts. That said, I feel *for my use* $10K is plenty suitable and haven't bothered with a CLI request. I don't know whether the average or individual consumer would really spend ~$10K on a monthly or frequent basis at Walmart/Sam's Club (unless one happens to be running a business)!🤷🏼‍♂️

I hear you! But do keep in mind it's a MC, so you're not limited to just WM-related shopping. As for a higher limit, shhhhh.... don't tell any of my creditors..... but I ask for CLIs to pad my TCL! Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 22
MommomG08
Valued Member

I just go an auto CLI from them a few weeks ago for $2,000 more. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 16 of 22
collics
Established Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Steveo777 wrote:

I recently got approved for a WM MC with a $1k starting limit. I have been using it for every purchase at Sam's and WM, even gas, then paying in full. I'm gonna keep swiping and paying off and see how it works out. I'm not even gonna ask for a CLI, just to avoid the hard pulls. If it grows automatically, so be it.

I wasnt aware you can use the wm card at sams club too. Do you have to use the walmart pay app at sams club?

Can you use the wm card at sams club fuel stations for 5 percent off on gas?

I think you mean use at Sam's for the same benefits? No that's just at Walmart. But you use it at Sam's since it's a Mastercard for 1% back i assume I haven't made a purchase there w the card myself. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 17 of 22
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Something told me to get every increase I could when it was a Walmart MC. Because just like my bucketed QS, this card is going no where. I was told recently after a request that my limit was as high as this card can go, $8K. I wish I had migrated it over with a higher limit. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 18 of 22
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@stonedog23 wrote:

Something told me to get every increase I could when it was a Walmart MC. Because just like my bucketed QS, this card is going no where. I was told recently after a request that my limit was as high as this card can go, $8K. I wish I had migrated it over with a higher limit. 

FWIW, my limit is $10,000 so I don't know why they told you that!

Message 19 of 22
firefox100
Valued Contributor

HI and Happy Thanksgiving to all. I have walmart mastercard which had a 18K limit when it came over to Capital one from Synchrony Oct of 2019 and only increase I was able to get from Capital one was a 1K increase couple months later which makes the cl 19K. I have only tryed once for increase about year later got mesage your account under review for usage and this time we are not granting any increases on this type of account. I have not ask for any more increases don't wake up capital one have my line cut down.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.