Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Apply for QS or QS1?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Apply for QS or QS1?

Hey everyone! I have been stalking my fico forum for a couple of months now and finally decided it is time to ask a question. Thanks in advance for your input.

So here is my situation, I was BK7 discharged in 02/14, came out of it keeping my AU Amex blue, and my 5 student loans.

Got my first card a capital one platinum card 11/14 $3000 SL, CK showed 682 Score (high limit probably due to Existing AU Amex history and Student loan History.)

Jan 2016 credit dropped due to High utilization and major situation with student loans 5 90 day lates (11/15)....Was always on Autoapy since day 1, fedloan had the wrong contact info for me from my school and i didnt realize that i changed my bank account, long story short I found out when I saw them report to bureaus and had heart attack. Tried every thing they wont budge to remove, Other than that always on time.

Got a Quicksilver one card 1/16 SL $1000. CK showed 580 score 

4/22/16 EX Fico 8 653 Utilization down to 45% applied for CL increase on quicksilver one via phone Instant Increase +$2000=New CL $3000, FIgured let me try with my old cap one master card, same thing Instant Increase +$2000=New CL $5500.

Then a couple of days ago CB Cards to Quicksilver and Venture regular not One.

Sorry for the History lesson just want best opinion of my situation, My question is should I Apply for a Quicksilver or Quicksilver one, or maybe another option, im trying to get a nice limit, and combine this new card with one of my old ones in the next 6 months to gain higher limit. Right now my utilization is at 29% but Im planning to pay them both off by the end of this month. 

Thanks again everyone for the help. Love these forums learned so much here.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one Apply for QS or QS1?

QUICKSILVER

QS1 is a starter 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! I have been stalking my fico forum for a couple of months now and finally decided it is time to ask a question. Thanks in advance for your input.

So here is my situation, I was BK7 discharged in 02/14, came out of it keeping my AU Amex blue, and my 5 student loans.

Got my first card a capital one platinum card 11/14 $3000 SL, CK showed 682 Score (high limit probably due to Existing AU Amex history and Student loan History.)

Jan 2016 credit dropped due to High utilization and major situation with student loans 5 90 day lates (11/15)....Was always on Autoapy since day 1, fedloan had the wrong contact info for me from my school and i didnt realize that i changed my bank account, long story short I found out when I saw them report to bureaus and had heart attack. Tried every thing they wont budge to remove, Other than that always on time.

Got a Quicksilver one card 1/16 SL $1000. CK showed 580 score 

4/22/16 EX Fico 8 653 Utilization down to 45% applied for CL increase on quicksilver one via phone Instant Increase +$2000=New CL $3000, FIgured let me try with my old cap one master card, same thing Instant Increase +$2000=New CL $5500.

Then a couple of days ago CB Cards to Quicksilver and Venture regular not One.

Sorry for the History lesson just want best opinion of my situation, My question is should I Apply for a Quicksilver or Quicksilver one, or maybe another option, im trying to get a nice limit, and combine this new card with one of my old ones in the next 6 months to gain higher limit. Right now my utilization is at 29% but Im planning to pay them both off by the end of this month. 

Thanks again everyone for the help. Love these forums learned so much here.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum!

First, hop into chat and ask for your Platinum to be upgraded to rewards status. They'll switch it to QS MC with no AF and you'll start earning 1.5% immediately. Then, when the QS1 is 6 mos old in July and has zero balance combine it with the QS.

Once your lower UTI reports, chk prequal and app for QS Visa. After 6 mos, try for CLI on both the MC and the Visa. Then combine MC with Visa.

That is pretty much what I did myself. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hard to argue that plan NTL suggested. Sounds like it should work.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.