cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

tag
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

I started with 10k on my QS. I then got an increase to 13k after a year or so and then to 16k a year later. I wanted to close another card and was looking to increase my padding so I requested another increase to 20k and was denied. I put pretty good spend through the card but nothing crazy. This was over the course of having the card almost 4 years. Their reason on the denial was enough available credit for my income. I understate my income so I was fine with it but if your wife's income doesn't justify the increase along with other factors Cap One will not give an increase. I did end up closing the QS though. 

Message 11 of 12
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

Ok I the denial letter from Capital one for my Quicksilver balance to low and not use for credit line. I may try again in couple months then if Cap one won't give me an increase then I will stop using card, only put couple dollars on the card once year to keep it live. I think Cap one sub prime lender and wants customers over spend and pay intrest and all kinds of fees such over limit . For example let me tell you what happen today when I ask for credit line increase on my Wells fargo propel card which has cl of 12K. I got this card back Dec 2018 with starting line of 7K Six months later ask for increase of 5K to 12K limit started card with balance of 3.2K several hundred dollars months over over next 4 months then ask for cl increase thay gave me cl of 10.5K. Back in movember 2019 and got an increase to 12K. In dec of 2019 paid the account down to zerro and only charging my cell phone bill of 40 dollars month and paying it off before it reports, tto day I ask for credit line increase to 15 K got increase with hard pull soft pull only. This summer I am going to put lot spend on the Propel card. Wells fargo made me feel wanted as Customer. I would never get another card from why would I want triple hard pull. I do have Wallmart mastercard with 18 K. I am going to give mybusiness to banks who do the right thing by me.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.