Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Savor one approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Savor one approval odds

Hello all,

I recently applied for two credit cards this week and was approved for both. I have one more credit car that I want on my app spree until I go back to gardening, and that is the capital one savor one. What are the odds of me getting approved instantly if I applied for two other credit cards this week. My credit score is 780. Does capital one go off the credit report with the least amount of inquiries as well?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one Savor one approval odds

I couldn't tell you about the odds honestly but know that capital one will pull a credit report each from equifax, transunion, and experian

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 2 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

I recently applied for two credit cards this week and was approved for both. I have one more credit car that I want on my app spree until I go back to gardening, and that is the capital one savor one. What are the odds of me getting approved instantly if I applied for two other credit cards this week. My credit score is 780. Does capital one go off the credit report with the least amount of inquiries as well?

Cap One triple pulls. Credit reports from all three CRAs will be taken into consideration. 

Their pre approvals are fairly solid, so give that a try.  The end result may be impacted by the presence of new inquires. 

If you get a pre -approval, dont wait with applying, you want to do it before new accounts show up. 

Also, where are you getting your score from? 

Message 3 of 30
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Check preapproval for Venture. 

If you are prequaled for Venture your Savor (one) should be a great SL.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that if you apply now they'll see your recent inquiries from the other cards, but not those accounts yet.  You'll want to strike while the iron is hot before your profile/scores take any hit associated with the new accounts reporting.

Message 5 of 30
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I imagine you’re good. Check the prequals to be safe though. I got mine (albeit a low SL) when I had a lot of inqs and new accounts. A lot. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 30
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I was approved a couple of weeks ago with scores lower than you and a new 1-month-old car loan that had just reported along with those inquires. I would say if you get a pre-aproval then you should be good. I do think CapOne is asking for verification on all these accounts now. I got one and I've heard of several others getting the verification for these as well as the Savor

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

If your profile is solid, you might be OK but I might warn that Capital One seems to be on a streak of denying people with high scores who fit the profile of a churner (too many new recent accounts). Your new cards won't show on your report yet but the inquiries will and maybe it would be worth holding off for a couple months to let the trigger cool off unless you absolutely need the card now and want to take the triple pull risk.

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I will be approved instantly or the app will go pending?
Message 9 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, there's no hard-fast rule or method to gauge what the system will do with your application. Some go through various stages of verification, some can be denied (even after a 7-10 message), others can be instant.

If it goes into pending mode, then simply let that process go through its motions (plenty of threads on here that you can reference for DPs). Otherwise, if it's instant, then that's that.

Just keep your expectations tempered once you decide to submit your application.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.