Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

I pay for myfico and my scores are 750 through auto 8 and 9 and bank and mortgage. Here's what's weird I applied and got approved for a 5k limit savor card 08-27-18 but I thought they pull from trans union but I received a letter that says congratulations your approved but they pulled from Equifax and they said my score is a 690 but it's not I'm a 764. Even my vantage scores show 740 and all my FICO scores are over 750. I'm confused where they pulled 690 from. Any help would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Capital One Savor Launching Soon

I applied for the savor card back on 08-20-18 got instantly approved for 5k limit. I went through their pre approval on their site and said no annual fee. I got the card in the mail and right when I was about to activate the card I read small print which said first year no fee then 95 after smh I called them right up and canceled the card and in trash it went. I can't believe they tried to pull a fast one on me and I wasted an inquiry for nothing.
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the savor card back on 08-20-18 got instantly approved for 5k limit. I went through their pre approval on their site and said no annual fee. I got the card in the mail and right when I was about to activate the card I read small print which said first year no fee then 95 after smh I called them right up and canceled the card and in trash it went. I can't believe they tried to pull a fast one on me and I wasted an inquiry for nothing.

It is known.

Should have kept it for the SUB and then do whatever you wish with it.

Message 3 of 37
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

Cap one pulls all three, and I believe that they use Fico 8 for all of them. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man if you didn’t want the $500 I would have taken it 😉
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

$5,000 limit not 500 lol and in the trash it went. I'll go get my 20k limit through my credit union with no annual fee.
Message 6 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
$5,000 limit not 500 lol and in the trash it went. I'll go get my 20k limit through my credit union with no annual fee.

@Anonymous was referring to the $500 sign up bonus.  Also, you took three HPs, not just one.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my FICO 8 scores are all over 750
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know 😤😤😭😢😞😞😞
Message 9 of 37
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Well,,,, look on the bright side, at least they didn't DENY you with the wrong score...

Keep an eye on what your score is on their site maybe? AAshrugs.gif

Congrats on your approval.. 000smilieOutstanding.gif

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.