Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: New Capital One Savor Launching Soon

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the savor card back on 08-20-18 got instantly approved for 5k limit. I went through their pre approval on their site and said no annual fee. I got the card in the mail and right when I was about to activate the card I read small print which said first year no fee then 95 after smh I called them right up and canceled the card and in trash it went. I can't believe they tried to pull a fast one on me and I wasted an inquiry for nothing.

You really think they tried to rip you off for $95 a year from now by letting you know now that there is a $95 AF 12 months from now and giving you $500 to get the card???

LOL

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

Thank you. I actually canceled the card just now. It was supposed to be no annual fee and they tried to pull a fast one after I read small print it said first year no fee then after 95 fee. NOPE!! CALLED AND CANCELED. SMH
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

The point is when I applied there was no annual fee. And when I got the card there was an annual fee. So I canceled card. Pretty simple.
Message 13 of 37
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

When you applied it was not a 4% card with a $500 sub.

All you had to do was PC later and you would have been $405-$500 ahead.

SavorOne has no AF with 3% and $150 sub and 0% for 15 months.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think you should have canceled since they already dinged you with the 3 inquiries. Might as well keep it for the year and then product change it to another card with no annual fee.
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

To late unfortunately I already canceled. I was pretty ticked off mostly an emotional decision when I called and I didn't like the guy on the phone so he basically made my decision to cancel lol. I should have calmed down first before I called lol
Message 16 of 37
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 uses Fico 04 still or their own internal scoring system.

Message 17 of 37
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. I actually canceled the card just now. It was supposed to be no annual fee and they tried to pull a fast one after I read small print it said first year no fee then after 95 fee. NOPE!! CALLED AND CANCELED. SMH

Awe pickles!   Pickles.gif

Sorry to read that.. I get being upset but it sucks you suffered the triple HP.. 

Crud.. 

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I figured they had their on scoring system. Thanks 😁
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that but you should have calmed down a bit first before that impulse decision to cancel the card. It's been discussed in this forum that the savor card has turned into a AF card and any CO application is triple HP. Should have just sticked with the card since its no AF the first year and you have the option to upgrade it in the future. Also, CO is very good with sp CLI.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.