Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one approved me with wrong credit score 🙄

I know I'm curious if I can call them back and activate the account again once it's cancelled? More then likely I probably can't but oh well.
Message 21 of 37
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Capital One Savor Launching Soon

@Anonymous wrote:
The point is when I applied there was no annual fee. And when I got the card there was an annual fee. So I canceled card. Pretty simple.

SMH. Look at the first page or 2. It was released on the 14th/15th. You applied in your words on the "20th". The card was already out. So you were approved for the new Savor. And they ripped you off? Please. You made 2 mistakes. Applied too late, and then cancelled and threw away $500. Add the triple pull also. You could have met the bonus and downgraded or closed it then. I dont agree with churners. Us honest people have to pay for it. Like all things. Read the fine print. Sorry. Just telling it like it is.

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol they advertised no annual fee when I applied and when I get the card it has an annual fee. So it is what it is and nobody cares that your telling it like it is. Bottom line they should not advertise something that's not and yes maybe I should have thought it out better before calling Canceling but I could care less. It's just card and their are plenty of other good ones out there.
Message 23 of 37
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Never hurts to call and ask, possibly reach out to a manager and see what they can do. I've done things in haste and have instantly regretted them once I've calmed down. Hence why, if I'm fuming, I take walks and refresh. Something to keep in mind.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 24 of 37
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know I'm curious if I can call them back and activate the account again once it's cancelled? More then likely I probably can't but oh well.

I'd call and ask. If the card was already approved, there's a chance they might reopen it. I've read about other members who've canceled their Cap1 cards and got them reinstated. Your situation may be different since you never activated it, but you gotta make a call or several to find out from the right dept at Cap1. I wouldn't take no for an answer the first time either. Escalate the call if you have to.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol they advertised no annual fee when I applied and when I get the card it has an annual fee. So it is what it is and nobody cares that your telling it like it is. Bottom line they should not advertise something that's not and yes maybe I should have thought it out better before calling Canceling but I could care less. It's just card and their are plenty of other good ones out there.

There are two versions of the card.

AF = bigger SUB and 4% back at restaurants, entertainment

No AF = smaller SUB and 3% back at restaurants, entertainment

Did you apply for the 3% card and they gave you the 4% card? 

Message 26 of 37
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Probably too late now but should have taken them for the SUB and cancelled before the AF hit next year. Good luck.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it was 3% when I applied.
Message 28 of 37
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@markhs777 wrote:

Probably too late now but should have taken them for the SUB and cancelled before the AF hit next year. Good luck.

That would be considering churning. Not recommended.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 29 of 37
markhs777
Regular Contributor

I always considered churning when cancelling AND reapplying for the same card. It may be semantics but a one and done is just deciding you don’t need the card.
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.