cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one platinum denial for too many CO cards!!

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Capital one platinum denial for too many CO cards!!

I have the CO secured since Jan 2016 and applied for the CO QS1 and platinum at the same time this week and was approved for the QS1 but denied for the platinum and was told by the rep that my credit was nor ran but i was denied the platinum because of the other two CO cards i have....you cant have 3 CO cards at the same time?

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one platinum denial for too many CO cards!!

@jamevfan wrote:

I have the CO secured since Jan 2016 and applied for the CO QS1 and platinum at the same time this week and was approved for the QS1 but denied for the platinum and was told by the rep that my credit was nor ran but i was denied the platinum because of the other two CO cards i have....you cant have 3 CO cards at the same time?

I've had as many as 5. Presently have 3, after combining 2.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 9
Calistal
Regular Contributor

@jamevfan wrote:

You can have up to 5 cards total, but you can only have 2 of their "Sub Prime" Cards (Secured, Platinum, QS1).

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 3 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

@Calistal wrote:

@jamevfan wrote:

You can have up to 5 cards total, but you can only have 2 of their "Sub Prime" Cards (Secured, Platinum, QS1).

+1 ...    2 subprime / 5 prime

That's while i always discuss my apps with this forum before i actually do.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calistal wrote:

@jamevfan wrote:

Yep! Throw in their Journey card too as a sub-prime card (that's their student card).

Message 5 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Good idea elim, im still learning. I didnt take a HP from it so no loss because they denied me without even pulling my credit due to the fact that i have the cards i currently have so no issue here for me. I believe my secured card has helped elevate my current scores to where i could get approved for the QS1 which can eventually be upgraded so as far as im concerned im happy with my progress and the direction im headed.

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 5 and combined 2 and 2 again.  Now it's at 3.  

Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP like you said, at least you didn't take the HP for it. That actually would have been a HP for each CB if I'm not mistaken.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Calistal wrote:

@jamevfan wrote:

+1

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.