Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Savor Card Application Pending

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

CapitalOne Savor Card Application Pending

Applied for the Savor card online and it went into pending mode on Friday. Called in today and the representative on phone said it is still under pending status and may take 15 days for a decision lol. In past whenever i applied for a card with CapOne it was instantly denied. Asking if anyone has any experience applying for this particular card and if this is normal with CapOne. Do I have any chance of getting this one approved?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CapitalOne Savor Card Application Pending

If in review with Cap1 vs. instant decline or approval it usually yields and approval.. How many accounts have you had in the last 24 months?  Cap1 has been cracking down once again people in 800 scores although with alot of new cards say 6+ have been getting shut down left and right for the Venture/QS and Savor cards this board and others are riddled with denials due to this and they are instants.  No one know for certain with Cap1 what their rule is like chase 5/24, but it is certainly anti churning rule against people that have opened x amt of cards in a certain time period it appears

Message 2 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

If in review with Cap1 vs. instant decline or approval it usually yields and approval.. How many accounts have you had in the last 24 months?  Cap1 has been cracking down once again people in 800 scores although with alot of new cards say 6+ have been getting shut down left and right for the Venture/QS and Savor cards this board and others are riddled with denials due to this and they are instants.  No one know for certain with Cap1 what their rule is like chase 5/24, but it is certainly anti churning rule against people that have opened x amt of cards in a certain time period it appears

Ok then it will be a denial for me. I have ton of new accounts in last 24 months. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try the pre-qual before apping?

Message 4 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

yes did and nothing came up

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could go either way. Your scores are great and your Venture limit shows Cap One likes you. Number of HP's and new cards may be what the hold up is. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted!

Message 6 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could go either way. Your scores are great and your Venture limit shows Cap One likes you. Number of HP's and new cards may be what the hold up is. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted!

Thanks. Sure will update

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to share my experience applying for the Savor: I applied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited and then a Savor on Saturday, 8/4. The Savor at the time had 3% dining cash back and no AF. I received an immediate approval for the FU, but was not given an immediate decision for the Savor. I called on the following Monday, and was told I would be contacted by Wednesday for verification purposes. I never received that call, so I called them back on that Thursday, and was transferred to their verification department. They just asked me a few questions to verify my identity and told me I should receive a decision soon. I received a “Your new card has shipped” e-mail the next day.
Message 8 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to share my experience applying for the Savor: I applied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited and then a Savor on Saturday, 8/4. The Savor at the time had 3% dining cash back and no AF. I received an immediate approval for the FU, but was not given an immediate decision for the Savor. I called on the following Monday, and was told I would be contacted by Wednesday for verification purposes. I never received that call, so I called them back on that Thursday, and was transferred to their verification department. They just asked me a few questions to verify my identity and told me I should receive a decision soon. I received a “Your new card has shipped” e-mail the next day.

great. i still feel i will get denial since i have ton of inquiries. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

great. i still feel i will get denial since i have ton of inquiries. Smiley Happy

Inquries won't be the denail it woud be new acounts if it was denied..  Depending on that will probably be whether you are approved or not.  Usually it is verification as other peoples stated as Cap1 isnt affraid to give instant denials.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.