Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Venture X Denial

tag
Cookiedough

CapitalOne Venture X Denial

Hello,

For DP purposes, I applied and got rejected by Capital One. At this point, I had 3/24 accounts, 3/1/1 hard requests in Exp/TU/EQ. My average score was around 730. UTI at 43%.

According to the AA letter, which I received a little later:

The reason(s) for our decision are:
· Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there
have been too many recent inquiries
· Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter,
presence of a personal finance loan
· Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there
is insufficient revolving credit history
is insufficient credit card history
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Venture X Denial

@Cookiedough wrote:

Hello,

For DP purposes, I applied and got rejected by Capital One. At this point, I had 3/24 accounts, 3/1/1 hard requests in Exp/TU/EQ. My average score was around 730.

Sorry about the denial, hopefully you can get it next time

were you pre-approved for the Venture in the pre-approval tool?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 11
Cookiedough

wRe: CapitalOne Venture X Denial

Yes, I was pre-approved for VenuteOne and Venture.

Message 3 of 11
Cookiedough

Thanks. I also have Checking and Savings with them, but I don't use those accounts much. I also had a security card in the past, but when that card graduated, I closed it.

Message 4 of 11
GTS
Contributor

Sorry about the denial but thank you for the DP's as I am also considering the Venture X in the future.

FICO 8/9:

Chase FF WEMC-$25,200 CL
Chase IHG Premier WEMC-$16,700 CL
Amex BCP-$10,000 CL
PayPal cashback WMC-$8,000 Cl
RCU Platnum Visa-$5,000 CL
Cap1 Savor One WEMC-$5,000 CL
Disco It-$8,000 CL
Disco It-$5,200 CL
Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC-$3,400 CL

Citi Corporate MC-$5,000 CL
AU Citi AA Advantage-$30,000 CL
Message 5 of 11
Cookiedough

Updated the first post with the reasons for denial. It said I have too many recent inquiries but In fact I only had one.

Message 6 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Cookiedough wrote:

Updated the first post with the reasons for denial. It said I have too many recent inquiries but In fact I only had one.

Guess 1 is too many for them. 🤷‍♂️ Nah it's probably just an excuse.

BTW having a checking/savings with them makes no difference. Their banking and lending departments are completely walled off from each other.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 11
C6
Regular Contributor

I'm sure the 43% utilization is a big factor in the denial. Also, with the minimum limit being $10,000, if you don't have experience with many cards at that limit, it's a negative.

Message 8 of 11
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Cookiedough wrote:

Guess 1 is too many for them. 🤷‍♂️ Nah it's probably just an excuse.

BTW having a checking/savings with them makes no difference. Their banking and lending departments are completely walled off from each other.

I agree with this statement. Sometimes Capital One is just ..well, reliably weird.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 9 of 11
Cookiedough

True, 43 is a quite big UTI. I was prepared to get a shoo from them, so no harm done. I will re-apply again later this year, now that I have CRS with a 10K limit which should lull their guard.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.