Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalone platinum converted to quicksilver on3/20

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Capitalone platinum converted to quicksilver on3/20

I had a capitalone platinum that was converted to quicksilver on 3/20 is it possible to get a second better card? Any response would be appreciated. Be safe every one.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitalone platinum converted to quicksilver on3/20

@razzy116 Another product change via upgrade link or new apping for an additional card?

Message 2 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I had a capitalone platinum that was converted to quicksilver on 3/20 is it possible to get a second better card? Any response would be appreciated. Be safe every one.

Cap1 usually will approve you for a second card with better limits if you've treated your existing accounts with them well. It's not however a sure thing, and they may be tightening up. Haven't seen a ton of recent posts about Cap1 approvals lately. Normally a full year of responsible use is enough for them to learn to trust you.  How long have you had your current card? What's your limit? How much do you spend and what are you payments like? What are your current FICO scores?

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 9
razzy116
Established Contributor

My scores are Eq 606, Trans 616, ex 618, i"ve had the quicksilver card 4 months, credit limit 500 and spend about 400 a month, payments around $35.00.

Message 4 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

My scores are Eq 606, Trans 616, ex 618, i"ve had the quicksilver card 4 months, credit limit 500 and spend about 400 a month, payments around $35.00.

To be brutally honest, your scores are probably a bit low to get approved for anything good. Capital One is known for issuing higher limits than most to those with lower scores, but you probably need to get closer to maybe the 640 range if you're looking for an approval for one of their prime cards with a useable limit. Also, 4 months is too soon to apply for another card as they will auto-deny you until 6 months pass from your last approval. If you really have another Cap1 card in your sights, keep cycling that limit on your QS and hope for a CLI but please don't get your hopes up for anything large on your current card because it is bucketed. You may get another $100-$300 or so. Your best bet is to keep using it and PIF for 12 months. At that time if your scores have improved, I would not be surprised to see a nice approval for one of their prime cards with a much better limit. Cap1 gets some smack talk around the forums, but I can tell you that they were the first one to approve me for a card when my scores were horrible, and after they improved they were the first to approve me for a card with a decent limit. Their app is great, their cash back posts immediately, and they have a lot of other things that I really like about them as a lender. The triple pull for an application isn't the best but it is what it is. If you have an understanding of how they do business and their products fit your spend, they can treat you very well once you build the relationship with them. 

TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 9
razzy116
Established Contributor

Do you use the app on the smartphone, you mention the app.Thank you for your response. Stay safe.

Message 6 of 9
razzy116
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

To be brutally honest, your scores are probably a bit low to get approved for anything good. Capital One is known for issuing higher limits than most to those with lower scores, but you probably need to get closer to maybe the 640 range if you're looking for an approval for one of their prime cards with a useable limit. Also, 4 months is too soon to apply for another card as they will auto-deny you until 6 months pass from your last approval. If you really have another Cap1 card in your sights, keep cycling that limit on your QS and hope for a CLI but please don't get your hopes up for anything large on your current card because it is bucketed. You may get another $100-$300 or so. Your best bet is to keep using it and PIF for 12 months. At that time if your scores have improved, I would not be surprised to see a nice approval for one of their prime cards with a much better limit. Cap1 gets some smack talk around the forums, but I can tell you that they were the first one to approve me for a card when my scores were horrible, and after they improved they were the first to approve me for a card with a decent limit. Their app is great, their cash back posts immediately, and they have a lot of other things that I really like about them as a lender. The triple pull for an application isn't the best but it is what it is. If you have an understanding of how they do business and their products fit your spend, they can treat you very well once you build the relationship with them. 

Do you use the app on the smartphone when you are putting in a application for capital one, not the website Thank you for the information i"m going to follow your advise. Be safe

Message 7 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Do you use the app on the smartphone when you are putting in a application for capital one, not the website Thank you for the information i"m going to follow your advise. Be safe

You would apply on their website as they have no place to apply for a new line of credit through their app.  

TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 9
razzy116
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

You would apply on their website as they have no place to apply for a new line of credit through their app.  

Sorry for the confusion, i thought you meant app as in smartphone, they were the first one that approved me for there capital one platinum card and got converted to the quicksilver card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.