Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card to App With 641 EX.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card to App With 641 EX.

Hello All, 

New here and currently in the rebuilding process. Current EX fico 08 is 641 with 4 collections (unpaid) from 4 years ago. Ive been rebuilding since June 19 with starting score for 450 across the boards.  Im interested in finding out what would be a good car to app for? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card to App With 641 EX.

Need more info like current cards and who you burned to know where to go with this.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Cards

Discover Secured

Capital One Secured

CreditOne Bank

Citi Secured

Abercrombie & Fitch Credit (Comenity)

Self-Lender Secured Loan

Never had any credit cards prior to this. Collections consist of one medical bill & one past due apartment fee (separated one credit file into three seperate collections but same company) both from 2015

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would concentrate on getting rid of the HIPAA since it's a violation to report such.  As to the APT issue... contact them for a PFD or the collection agency for the same.  Once those are both gone you should be significantly higher scorewise and able to fetch some decent cards.

Head over here and pose the questions about those 2 things and you should get some ideas on what needs to be done.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would concentrate on getting rid of the HIPAA since it's a violation to report such.  As to the APT issue... contact them for a PFD or the collection agency for the same.  Once those are both gone you should be significantly higher scorewise and able to fetch some decent cards.

Head over here and pose the questions about those 2 things and you should get some ideas on what needs to be done.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

+1

You need to work on your negatives and not apply for any cards. You have  decent secured cards but remember scores themselves are not all that's considered in approvals.  Those negatives most likely prevent you from getting any decent cards and you don't need anymore secured or subprime cards.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 7
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

I agree you have good cards for where you’re at BUT if you’re itching for an application (and we’ve all been there) I’d suggest Target and Capital One. If you want to pre-qualify for an Indigo Mastercard and see if you can get the one with a $0 Annual Fee, that’s fine too. Just know they don’t have CLI’s ever.
But once you get the collections taken care of then you’ll be as good as gold
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.