Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that pull EQ?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cards that pull EQ?

@BallBounces wrote:

If you shop at target, you might really consider that Target card.  I presume you would get the MasterCard version, so not your typical store card.  

Come to thnk of it, do TD Bank branded cards pull EQ?   Probably.

They generally issue the store card.  If the profile and spend/payment history warrant it they will in many cases offer to upgrade to a MasterCard although it appears that they only do so in a mass offering around each June. 

BTW Citi and Discover are a huge YMMV regarding which CRA they pull. 

While there are no guarantees common EQ pullers include TD Bank/Target,  Citizens, Comenity, Commerce Bank, DCU, 5/3, HSBC, and Penfed.   Commerce Bank core cards (not cobranded) and all 5/3 cards except their Stand Up To Cancer card I believe are still georestricted. 

(7/2020)
FICO 8 (EX) 792 (TU) 800 (EQ) 793
FICO 9 (EX) 817 (TU) 815 (EQ) 812

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as ColdFusion
Message 11 of 40
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. Got Citi, BBT, Elan, and US Bank. But Elan and USB always hit TU for me in Fla. Citi and BBT always EQ for me.

HSBC, huh? hmmm...any others anyone?

FNBO pulled EQ for me earlier this year. in CA. (not Canada)

YMMV

Also you can looky here;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 12 of 40
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

All my lenders Smiley Sad Equifax =Equisux/EquihackSmiley Sad
Message 13 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@the_old_curmudgeon wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

If you shop at target, you might really consider that Target card.  I presume you would get the MasterCard version, so not your typical store card.  

Come to thnk of it, do TD Bank branded cards pull EQ?   Probably.

They generally issue the store card.  If the profile and spend/payment history warrant it they will in many cases offer to upgrade to a MasterCard although it appears that they only do so in a mass offering around each June. 

Yes, I was assuming the Bird Man's profile warranted them offering the MC version.

050719:     
080420:     

Message 14 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

5/3 did TU on me, Fla.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 15 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

If your profile supports it, they’ll go straight to the MasterCard, right? (Target.)
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 16 of 40
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'm in PA and it's just BBT and Citizen's that I know of... Everyone else except Cap1 pulls EX only; Citi, US Bank, TD/Target, BoA, Amex, Disco, Wells, Synchrony IME
Kohl's $3K | Cap1 QS $2.5K | Target Redcard $1.8K | Citi DC $6.4K | Amex BCE $1K | Dick's ScoreRewards MC 10K | Amex ED $4.2K | Amex Schwab Platinum NPSL | Amex Schwab Investor 3K | Rakuten 2K | WF CashWise VS $11.3K | Discover IT $8.3K | Disco IT Miles (#2) 2K | Citizen's Bank Cashback Plus WMC $9.7K | Fidelity VS $9K | USBank Cash+ VS $9K | Cap1 VentureOne 16K | BBT Spectrum Cash Rewards VS 7.5K | BBT Cash Rewards #2 4.5K | BBT Bright 5K | BBVA ClearPoints 7.5K | PNC Cash Rewards 10.5K | BECU Cashback 19.5K | EX 705 | TU 731 | EQ 659
Business Credit ~ Amex BBP 4.8K | Amex BBC 15K | Amex Biz Gold NPSL | Amex Biz Green NPSL | US Bank Biz Cash 3K ~LOC's~ BECU 15K |
Message 17 of 40
Highlighted

@Birdman7  out of curiosity, are you looking for EQ puller to reduce number of HPs per CRA? 

I don't think an inquiry or 5 with your profile would really change anything. I would not limit my options based on who's going to end up with  a HP. 

I told my teens yesterday I'm done repeating myself. Darwin, take the wheel, please.
Message 18 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
If your profile supports it, they’ll go straight to the MasterCard, right? (Target.)

I recently asked Target the same question and they told me, no they do not start anyone with the MC. I don’t know if it s a recent policy change or not. But the site says:

REDcard™: Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card and Target™ Mastercard®. Subject to application approval (Target Mastercard not available to new applicants). The REDcard credit cards (Target Credit Card and Target Mastercard) are issued by TD Bank USA, N.A. The REDcard Debit Card is issued by Target Corporation. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International, Inc. Pat 7,562,048 and 8,117,118.

Message 19 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

***edited 8/11/19 I had TU listed first rather than EQ..corrected, my bad! Plus I hit another at TU, so now 2, 8, 3 or 2, 5, 3, de-duped***

@Remedios Well, I did a 3 card spree, bringing me to 2, 7, 3, or 2, 4, 3, de-dupped. (EQ, TU, EX)

I’ve got most everything I want, except cash+ and Nusenda, which for me would be TU and EX, respectfully.

But with the low number at EQ, I was just wondering what may be available that I may have overlooked I’ve been unaware of before these new accounts hit. Got to decide whether to get a couple more or garden.

RIP:

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.