cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that pull EQ?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: Cards that pull EQ?

@BallBounces wrote:

If you shop at target, you might really consider that Target card.  I presume you would get the MasterCard version, so not your typical store card.  

Come to thnk of it, do TD Bank branded cards pull EQ?   Probably.

They generally issue the store card.  If the profile and spend/payment history warrant it they will in many cases offer to upgrade to a MasterCard although it appears that they only do so in a mass offering around each June. 

BTW Citi and Discover are a huge YMMV regarding which CRA they pull. 

While there are no guarantees common EQ pullers include TD Bank/Target,  Citizens, Comenity, Commerce Bank, DCU, 5/3, HSBC, and Penfed.   Commerce Bank core cards (not cobranded) and all 5/3 cards except their Stand Up To Cancer card I believe are still georestricted. 

(5/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 790 (TU) 808 (EQ) 791
FICO 9 (EX) 829 (TU) 820 (EQ) 829

$800K+ club
Message 11 of 32
Valued Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. Got Citi, BBT, Elan, and US Bank. But Elan and USB always hit TU for me in Fla. Citi and BBT always EQ for me.

HSBC, huh? hmmm...any others anyone?

FNBO pulled EQ for me earlier this year. in CA. (not Canada)

YMMV

Also you can looky here;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Message 12 of 32
Community Leader
Super Contributor

All my lenders Smiley Sad Equifax =Equisux/EquihackSmiley Sad
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 13 of 32
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

If you shop at target, you might really consider that Target card.  I presume you would get the MasterCard version, so not your typical store card.  

Come to thnk of it, do TD Bank branded cards pull EQ?   Probably.

They generally issue the store card.  If the profile and spend/payment history warrant it they will in many cases offer to upgrade to a MasterCard although it appears that they only do so in a mass offering around each June. 

Yes, I was assuming the Bird Man's profile warranted them offering the MC version.

050719:     
081719:     

A regretful expert. I have repaired before, I will repair again. My current goal is 670 FICO08 across the board by November 2019.
Message 14 of 32
Valued Contributor

5/3 did TU on me, Fla.
New:

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 15 of 32
Valued Contributor

If your profile supports it, they’ll go straight to the MasterCard, right? (Target.)
New:

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 16 of 32
Regular Contributor

I'm in PA and it's just BBT and Citizen's that I know of... Everyone else except Cap1 pulls EX only; Citi, US Bank, TD/Target, BoA, Amex, Disco, Wells, Synchrony IME
Citi DC $6.4K | Kohl's $1.5K | Cap1 Plat. PC'd QS $2K | Target Redcard $1.8K | Dick's Scorerewards $8.4K | Amex BCE $1K | Amex ED $10.2K | WF CashWise VS $9K | Discover IT $4.8K | Citizen's Bank Cashback Plus WMC $9.7K | Fidelity Rewards VS $2.5K | USBank Cash+ VS $2.5K | Cap1 Savor 16K | BBT Spectrum Cash Rewards VS 7.5K | Scores 8-17-19 EX 736 | TU 744 | EQ 770
Message 17 of 32
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Birdman7  out of curiosity, are you looking for EQ puller to reduce number of HPs per CRA? 

I don't think an inquiry or 5 with your profile would really change anything. I would not limit my options based on who's going to end up with  a HP. 

EX 753 EQ 773 TU 752
Message 18 of 32
Established Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
If your profile supports it, they’ll go straight to the MasterCard, right? (Target.)

I recently asked Target the same question and they told me, no they do not start anyone with the MC. I don’t know if it s a recent policy change or not. But the site says:

REDcard™: Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card and Target™ Mastercard®. Subject to application approval (Target Mastercard not available to new applicants). The REDcard credit cards (Target Credit Card and Target Mastercard) are issued by TD Bank USA, N.A. The REDcard Debit Card is issued by Target Corporation. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International, Inc. Pat 7,562,048 and 8,117,118.

I just returned from financial hell. Don't go, the brochure is a lie.
Message 19 of 32
Valued Contributor

***edited 8/11/19 I had TU listed first rather than EQ..corrected, my bad! Plus I hit another at TU, so now 2, 5, 3 or 2, 8, 3, de-duped***

@Remedios Well, I did a 3 card spree, bringing me to 2, 4, 3, or 2, 7, 3, de-dupped. (EQ, TU, EX)

I’ve got most everything I want, except cash+ and Nusenda, which for me would be TU and EX, respectfully.

But with the low number at EQ, I was just wondering what may be available that I may have overlooked I’ve been unaware of before these new accounts hit. Got to decide whether to get a couple more or garden.
New:

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.