cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that pull EQ?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Re: Cards that pull EQ?

@Aim_High wrote:

Smiley Surprised   OMG ... did I read that right?  PenFed does three pulls to join and get a card???  (If you do PLOC). 

I was eyeing their Power Cash card but didn't know to expect that.  I hadn't looked into it that carefully yet.

From the recent data points I recall reading, they seem to be pull happy. The PCR is a great 2% card. I would recommend calling in and doing any applications over the phone (instead of online) to ensure they can reuse the hard pull. If there were any additional inquiries required, hopefully the csr would get your approval  before proceeding.

Message 31 of 32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cards that pull EQ?

@AllZero wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

Smiley Surprised   OMG ... did I read that right?  PenFed does three pulls to join and get a card???  (If you do PLOC). 

I was eyeing their Power Cash card but didn't know to expect that.  I hadn't looked into it that carefully yet.

From the recent data points I recall reading, they seem to be pull happy. The PCR is a great 2% card. I would recommend calling in and doing any applications over the phone (instead of online) to ensure they can reuse the hard pull. If there were any additional inquiries required, hopefully the csr would get your approval  before proceeding.

Thanks for that suggestion!   I might actually be able to do it face-to-face in-branch also instead of over the phone, so maybe that would be the best bet to make sure I minimize pulls. 

Total Length of Credit = 31 years; AoOA (Currently open accounts) = 26+ years; AAoA = 9.5+ years; AoYA = less than 1 year (Aug 2019)
*Hover cursor over each card to see name, CL
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.