Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care credit approvals?

I am currently seeking to apply for Care Credit for a medical surgery that my insurance does not cover. The surgery is about 8K and I plan on paying half in cash. I do not have any credit cards nor have I ever had any. I have always paid with debit or cash.
My scores are
Ex 708
TU 686
EQ 685
No collections on my report, 100% payment and student loans of 50K that are deferred because I am in a masters program.
How likely is it that I’ll be approved for Care Credit?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care credit approvals?

With a 686 TU score, assuming that’s a FICO score and not from Credit Karma or another FAKO source, I would say your chances are pretty good since it’s a Synchrony card. 

I dont know what kind of limit they would be willing to extend with no other revolving history though. 

Message 2 of 5
rbentley
Established Contributor

Also, check to see if you medical provider takes this card.  Not everyone does.  It is not like a Visa/MC/Discover/AmEx that are accepted almost everywhere.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a CareCredit with a 671 TU in Feb 2018 for $4,000. Within 3 months I was able to get it to $15,000. The CLI is SP so the potential to grow is great. I've been stuck at $15,000 for a while but no complaints. This is with a CO and over 25 late payments on my credit report.

@Anonymous wrote:
I am currently seeking to apply for Care Credit for a medical surgery that my insurance does not cover. The surgery is about 8K and I plan on paying half in cash. I do not have any credit cards nor have I ever had any. I have always paid with debit or cash.
My scores are
Ex 708
TU 686
EQ 685
No collections on my report, 100% payment and student loans of 50K that are deferred because I am in a masters program.
How likely is it that I’ll be approved for Care Credit?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Care Credit for a time and recall it was fairly easy to qualify for. Although they did give me a low SL and high APR, still a good card for medical/Vet visits.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.