Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit..are they now hard pulling on clis? nervous

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Care credit..are they now hard pulling on clis? nervous

Hello..

i should not have done it..I should not have done it! I guess I may have now dinged my scores...I went on the chat line for a cli for care credit because I thought it would be sp..I am at 15000 and asked for 19000..they came back with sorry denied and you will be getting a 7 to 10 day letter with name of credit bureau if you have any questions..anyone else know if they are now doing hard pulls

thank you

Karen

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care credit..are they now hard pulling on clis? nervous

Synchrony is almost all soft pulls but if you want to check for a hard pull, grab Credit Karma and they will tell you for free.

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It appears they changed the review process to be SP vs HP a while back. So, you should be ok. Stranger things can sometimes happen with SYNCB, so if you have any type of CMS, it would likely display if you incurred a HP.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fritscher wrote:

Hello..

i should not have done it..I should not have done it! I guess I may have now dinged my scores...I went on the chat line for a cli for care credit because I thought it would be sp..I am at 15000 and asked for 19000..they came back with sorry denied and you will be getting a 7 to 10 day letter with name of credit bureau if you have any questions..anyone else know if they are now doing hard pulls

thank you

Karen

As far as I know, No. It may be different for some. In my recent experience with SyncB products, any request for a CLI (approved or denied) was a SP.

Do you have any kind of monitoring service such as Credit Karma?

If so, I always get an alert if/when there is a HP done on either TU or EQ. Capital 1’s “CreditWise” app will alert me almost immediately for a HP on TU and EX, as well.

Message 4 of 10
fritscher
Regular Contributor

yes did not see any hard pulls for it yetSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Live and learnSmiley Happy. Just remember, that limit affects your overall Synchrony exposure so if you are looking at other Synchrony cards, you may want to think of not raising it anymore so as to leave bread on the tableSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Live and learnSmiley Happy. Just remember, that limit affects your overall Synchrony exposure so if you are looking at other Synchrony cards, you may want to think of not raising it anymore so as to leave bread on the tableSmiley Wink

AJC, I have a question for you.  My total exposure with Synchrony is $19.4K on 3 different CLs.  What is the acceptable exposure for a Synchrony customer?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Marz2002 wrote:

AJC, I have a question for you.  My total exposure with Synchrony is $19.4K on 3 different CLs.  What is the acceptable exposure for a Synchrony customer?

Acceptable exposure would really depend on how favorable you look from a risk perspective to SYNCB.  That being said, maximum unsecured exposure is $100K across all products.  A lot of it is based on income, overall profile and other factors.

Message 8 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

Acceptable exposure would really depend on how favorable you look from a risk perspective to SYNCB.  That being said, maximum unsecured exposure is $100K across all products.  A lot of it is based on income, overall profile and other factors.

Thanks @FinStar for the information!!!

I PIF all of my SYNCB accounts except for the 6 Months No Interest deals at PayPal Credit (I PIF those charges during month 6).  So, it looks like I have room to grow because I don't plan on getting any additional accounts from SYNCB.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I think you're perfectly fine @Marz2002 since you appear to have plenty of [SYNCB] room to grow Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.