Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCrefit Denial Unable to Verify Identity

tag
Morphyyy
Contributor

CareCrefit Denial Unable to Verify Identity

Anything you can do for being denied for unable to verify identity? Have a Lowe's card with $12k and 700 score across all 3 figured they would approve carecredit

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: CareCrefit Denial Unable to Verify Identity

@Morphyyy wrote:

Anything you can do for being denied for unable to verify identity? Have a Lowe's card with $12k and 700 score across all 3 figured they would approve carecredit

Having another Sync card doesnt translate to getting approved for another. All have different underwriting.  However ive run across this at times when soliciting cli even though i have multiple accounts. I think its some kind of weird glitch. You should call and explain the reason given. Sometimes this csn be solved by the csr by actually taking your info and them verifying you on the phone. Its the only true revon ive seen with Sync. 

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Morphyyy wrote:

Have you received a letter which may provide a way for you to contact them and rectify the identity verification issue?

Message 3 of 13
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Morphyyy 

I would definitely call Customer service and explain the denial and ask to have a manual application.  My experience cust service will ask secured question for approval decision.  Just my opinion..Good luck!

Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Synchrony normally does not recon.

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Synchrony normally does not recon.

Good luck

This is true but the only recons we have seen have been this type of denial where identity cant be verified.  There may be a slim chance for Op especially if they can verify his cell and other personal id over phone.

Message 6 of 13
Morphyyy
Contributor

Synchrony Bank has received your request for a credit account with CARECREDIT.To protect your identity, we checked data sources to verify information on your application. These databasesmay include, but are not limited to, public records, phone directories or social security databases.Additionally, our customer service agent might have asked you questions to verify your identity.Unfortunately, based on results of these checks, we are unable to confirm your identity with enoughconfidence to approve your application at this time.Thank you for your application. If you have any questions on this letter or our decision to decline your application, pleasewrite us at the address above.Sincerely,Synchrony Bank

This is what they sent me. I'm getting ready to try and recon this is the second time this has happened which confuses me because I have a card with them right now that had no issues being verified...

Message 7 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As an aside I suggest you get (free) copies of your LexisNexis consumer report and your SageStream credit report and check for errors an inconsistencies.   There could have been conflicting or contradictory information added to your report, especially data from someone else with the same name or alias, including SSN information. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 13
Morphyyy
Contributor

Thank you
Message 9 of 13
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

I tried to prequal. I gave my email and phone number, at the end it tried to verify my ID. It gave my brother's phone number and my dad's old number as verification. I hit pass, so was unable to see the $$$ amount. Sorta sucks if they are using old info (dad's old number) and my brother. Any of you guys got the same thing?

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.