Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch13 BK Dismissed versus Discharged - Applying for AMEX

tag
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Ch13 BK Dismissed versus Discharged - Applying for AMEX

Hi all.. I had a Ch13 BK started in 2013, but never confirmed.  I ended up paying for everything outside of BK, and never went through with the BK.  But sadly, even when you start the filing, it still gets recorded as a BK.. sad face.  Anyway, I am 5 years, 4 months from filing date.  My scores are in my siggy. I am about to close on a mortgage, and as soon as i do, I want to apply for AMEX. (FYI, never had an Amex, so no BL from them).  Will i still be OK with my situation re: the dismissed instead of discharged BK with their 5 year rule? I have no balances on any of the accounts that were included in my BK.  Everything is paid.  Thank you!

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Ch13 BK Dismissed versus Discharged - Applying for AMEX

Check their prequal site

My quess is that you should be ok

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shouldn’t matter at least IME. I also have a dismissed (paid outside of BK too). I was able to get an Amex after 5 years, 1 month. Check the prequal, you should be fine. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 4
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Thank you both so much. 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.