cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

tag
Snipper117
Contributor

Re: Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

Personally I would never trust credit karmas “recommendations”. Visiting AMEX prequalify page is a much safer bet.

Do you mind if I ask why your leaning towards the blue cash everyday for your 2nd card?
10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well because from what I have read I would be able to get into with AMEX.  Also, I like their cash back structure.  Mainly what I want it to get a limit that is four figures and something that has good cash back and room to grow with the card or company.  

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I would say is you have a thin file but a good score. My mom recently got approved for a everyday card with about a Fico or 660-675 but she has a much longer aaoa and credit history all together
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being that this would be your second card, why not apply for a visa or MasterCard? Amex isn't accepted everywhere and some places actually don't take discover however more merchants accept discover then amex If you want an amex by all means go ahead
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.  I was looking into Cap One but their limits seem to be not very big for people like me.  I am open to any card.  What visa or MasterCard do you recommend?  I'd prefer no annual fee if possible but my main thing is I just want to get approved and start opening up my credit options and such.  

Message 15 of 31
Snipper117
Contributor

If you want to get in with AMEX I would app for one of the cards you were pre-approved for then if that’s the case.

Even tho those cards are not cash back cards I don’t recal ever seeing anyone with less than a 1k starring credit limit.

From my personal experience with Amex if you treat them well they will do the same.

If I were in your spot I’d app for one of your pre approved cards depending on the bonus they are offering. Hopefully you get approved and in 2 months I would then app for your blue cash card. If you app and your denied it’s only a soft pull. If approved and your original Amex card has been open for at least 61 days you can immediately request a 3x CLI on your new blue cash card since that’s the one your really going for.

Let us know if you app and the results.
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait to apply until I can get a FICO Score?  Discover won't show me mine until next month.  I was thinking of waiting to apply them.  I did do the pre-approval and I got pre-approved for the Delta Gold Card and the Hilton Card, both have an annual fee after the first year.  Could I switch cards before the year is up to avoid the annual fee? 

Message 17 of 31
Snipper117
Contributor

I believe visiting experian website you can get your fico 8 score for free.  I currently receive updated scores and reports and it is free.  Try that first.  Let us know what your score is.  No credit card needed to sign up.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that now.  Thanks!

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, the free report is just a credit report and it said on the website that it does not include a credit score.  Do you have a link for the free score?

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.