Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged off BoA CC.. now pre-approve offers question

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Charged off BoA CC.. now pre-approve offers question

Hello Everyone.

I'm sure some of you  have run into the following situation.  

Back in the early 2000s - 2007 I had a couple of BoA cards, but in 2009 they were delinquent and ultimately charged off.  Eventually landed in Portfolio Recovery hands but thats a story for another day.  So now my US mail is filling up with offers from BoA.  I'm looking a little forward down the road sometime in the fall probably to get a card that will either give me longer than 12 months BT or depending on how the chip fall for me I may be looking for a card sooner for BT or 0% purchase for a period of time longer than 12months.  Anyway if you had an experience like this and applied would love to hear if it was a good or bad experience.   Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charged off BoA CC.. now pre-approve offers question

It appears you may be back in with them. What are your current scores, utilization, and any baddies on your CR?

Message 2 of 6
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Current scores

EQ 714 - (3) 4yr old med collections  - (1) 6yr old 30-day late

EX 755  (1) 6yr old 30-day late 

TU 745 - nothing

Scores are lower than they should be because an overall 45% CC utlization  and two new furniture accounts that are only 4 months old

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, are the mailers from BoA "pre-selected" solicitations or do they actually read "you're pre-approved" on them. It can make a difference depending on which you are targeted for.
Message 4 of 6
nupey10
Regular Contributor

... ahhhh.  It does say pre-selected and not pre-approved.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the clarification.

On pre-selected invites, only certain criteria needs to be met which can still reference a solid APR and the opt-out language, but doesn't necessarily fit the pre-approval "screening" parameters which would usually yield an approval in most cases.

If the pre-selected invite aligns with your goals (APR, BT terms/SUB - if applicable, etc.) and your overall profile can support an approval, you can still try it out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.