cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged off accounts Wells Fargo Worth applying now after so many years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged off accounts Wells Fargo Worth applying now after so many years?

My charge offs occuired in 2008 Wells Line of Credit and Credit card , these account fell off in 2015. I applied for Bank Account in 2016 and was denied. Applied again in 2018 and was approved, but asked the bank to see if my old credit accounts where still there and she was able to pull them up, didnt get a bank account. I applied again for a bank account  (soft pull) on Thursday and opened the account. How forgiving is Wells Fargo after 11 years? I put in $5k into the account and have direct depoists totaling more than $3k per month into the account. Trying to show Wells Fargo that I am good now. BTW the credit person told me on 1 inquiry they do multiple credit lines so its only 1 ding and that report can be used within 30 days if you dont apply that day. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charged off accounts Wells Fargo Worth applying now after so many years?

WF has a long memory just like most other banks.  Some folks have re-established the relationship and have been approved for CC products, eventually.  It appears this is on a case-by-case basis.  That being said, said CC accounts did not grow because it would still reference the previous negative relationship with WF.

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I burned Wells Fargo in my BK13 and currently I have the Propel Amex and a Dillards Amex with them.  They pulled TU for me and my BK13 is still alive and well on that report.  Not instant approval but both were next day verifications and approval given afterwards.  I'm sure it's a YYMV situation but wanted to let you know that there are folks like myself who were able to get back in with them after burning them in the past.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me a Visa Signature card roughtly 3 years after my Chapter 7 BK. After 1 year they CLD me and then closed out the account 3 months later for to many inquiries with other lenders. Fast forward another 3 years and I applied for a propel card and was instantly approved (with BK still showing) for $7,500

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I will be applying in 2 weeks for business and personal credit products and see what happens, I never went through a BK, they just charged off and sold to shady companies that tried to collect. Statue of limitations ran out so no BKs on profile. Burned Amex too with Charges and every prequal that I tried with them I was told no products avialable, last night I tried again and said good news youve been pre-approved for 3 cards of your choice....Taking that witha  grain of salt, since I know they have black lists 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.