Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 2/90 rule

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

Chase 2/90 rule

chase’s two applications max every 90 days? does that mean only chase apps or apps with other banks as well?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 2/90 rule

Chase has a 2/30 rule. You can only have two Chase applications every 30 days.  Amex is 2/90. 

Message 2 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

AMEX and chase 5/24

if i add another amex card does that add towards chase’s 5/24 rule? or on report does it just show one amex opened account and “technically” another card would still just show one on report? or how does it work, thanks
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX and chase 5/24

If you add another Amex card, it would show up as another Amex account on your credit report and will count towards your 5/24.

Message 4 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

so there would be another AMEX report along side the current one? or would the one report just show an “increased limit” from the 2nd card?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elixerin wrote:
so there would be another AMEX report along side the current one? or would the one report just show an “increased limit” from the 2nd card?

Every Amex card will show up as separate accounts on your credit file. For example, I have 7 Amex cards, it shows 7 times on my credit report in the account section. The detail for each card will be different like credit limit, date opened, balance and etc.  

Message 6 of 8
elixerin
Established Contributor

thanks for the replies steve, trying to keep my inquiries in 1 thread i wanted to ask if the AMEX preapproval has any correlation or “better chance” as far as AMEX 3x CLI goes? all cards are showing pre approved currently
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I know of. It just depend on your profile and how Amex view it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.