tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

Chase 4/24 when to app

Hey everyone,

So I'm currently sitting at 4/24 with my most recent card approvals being:

Chase SP - $12,500 SL (06/18/19)
Amex Platinum (06/18/19)
Discover it cashback - $1500 SL (07/23/19)

I have two scenarios I was thinking of either

1) Apping for chase freedom and product change sapphire preferred to the reserve once it becomes a year old so I'll have freedom, FU, and CSR trifecta. Also I would app for synchrony amazon card since I'll be over 5/24 and not eligible for chase amazon prime

Or...

2) Apply for chase amazon prime card, wait a year and still product change sapphire preferred to reserve and app for freedom (I'll be back to 4/24 next year before apping)

Overall I wouldn't app for anything until at the very soonest October 2nd due to Amex CLI being eligible and I want to have no new inquiries or accounts for when I pull the trigger for increase (last try was 30 days ago ish and denied for too many new Inquires).

My credit card goals/spend would be perfected if I acquire the freedom and amazon prime card. I would have travel, gas, restaurants, entertainment, groceries, and amazon credit cards that fit perfectly with my spend. Again this is a "goal" minded post for future months.

Updated scores are:

Disco TU FICO: 737 (as of 07/30/19)
- 8 inq total, 2 within last 12 months
- no late, baddies, collections
-util: 6% (reporting old util from last month)
Experian FICO: 747 (as of today via app)
- 10 inquires total, 4 within last 6 months
- util: 3%
Citi Equifax FICO: 775 (as of 07/23/19)
- util 6%
- 9 inquiries total 2 of which were in past 12-months

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase 4/24 when to app

Since you just got 3 CCs in June-July, I suggest waiting until the AoYA is 6 months so you won’t spook Chase. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
Bmn5940
Contributor

Re: Chase 4/24 when to app

Thank you, yeah I definitely am not trying to poke the bear more or less just trying to give myself a rough timeline to prepare for/make sure low utilization reports

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.