cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 denial because one of my cards had been reissued with a different number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 denial because one of my cards had been reissued with a different number

@randomguy1 and @Taurus22, thanks for the Affinity FCU suggestion. I have memberships at several CUs, and wouldn't mind adding another. It amazes me that they can offer 5% on Amazon purchases without being officially connected to Amazon. Also, I might want to refi my car since my Fifth Third auto loan, arranged by the dealership, is at 4.99% APR. Looks like Affinity FCU may be an excellent choice for that.

When I tried to get CUoD to prequel an auto loan back in May, the best they offered was 11.99%, and it turned out that they were using Vantagescore. At the time, my FICO 8 scores were over 700, but my Vantagescores were around 640. Now my FICO 8 scores are over 730.

Message 11 of 14
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 denial because one of my cards had been reissued with a different number

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1and @Taurus22, thanks for the Affinity FCU suggestion. I have memberships at several CUs, and wouldn't mind adding another. It amazes me that they can offer 5% on Amazon purchases without being officially connected to Amazon. Also, I might want to refi my car since my Fifth Third auto loan, arranged by the dealership, is at 4.99% APR. Looks like Affinity FCU may be an excellent choice for that.

When I tried to get CUoD to prequel an auto loan back in May, the best they offered was 11.99%, and it turned out that they were using Vantagescore. At the time, my FICO 8 scores were over 700, but my Vantagescores were around 640. Now my FICO 8 scores are over 730.

YW. They pull Experian. I was approved the next day after providing two pay stubs with similar scores. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called my credit union, and they didn't think they could do anything under their policies and procedures to change how my account is being reported. I called Chase for reconsideration, and they said that because there are two CUoD card numbers reported opened in April, they have to consider that as two cards. Since that pushes my total to five cards opened in the last 24 months, I'm just going to have to wait.

In the mean time, based on suggestions here, I applied for the Amazon Prime store card, issued by Synchrony, which does have the 5% rewards I wanted, and that was approved, so my problem is solved. The fact that it's a store card is fine, because I have other rewards cards I can use for non-Amazon purchases.

Based on another suggestion here, I applied for membership and a cash rewards Visa from Affinity FCU. I'm waiting to hear on that one.

That brings me to five actual cards open and one pending. Now I need to let them age for a while.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice!

Message 13 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card. This thread is closed for additional messages, feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.