Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 policy.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 5/24 policy.

I was looking into getting a chase card now that my FICO score is in the 670s. The issue is that chase has the 5/24 rule. I opened 9 credit cards the past two years. I can easily close 5 of them as they are store cards with low limits that my regular cards can easily do the job. If I close those 5 it will bring me down to 4 credit cards open. Will chase consider me for a card or will they use all the closed accounts against me as well.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 policy.

The 5/24 rule applies to any new accounts opened in the last 24 months, so closing 5 of them now will not get you under 5/24, unfortunately.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure but the Chase AARP and Chase Amazon Visa I think they don't count for the 5/24 rule, correct me if Im wrong.
Message 3 of 6
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

My understandng is that all Chase cards are now believed to be under the 5/24 rule, including the AARP and Amazon.

The only surefire way to bypass the 5/24 rule is an in-branch preapproval (if you bank with Chase). 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Im not sure but the Chase AARP and Chase Amazon Visa I think they don't count for the 5/24 rule, correct me if Im wrong.

Chase updated their policy in November, 2018 and now ALL Chase cards fall under the 5/24 Rule.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.