Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Sig Card

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime Sig Card

Hi all, I applied for the Chase Amazon Prime Signature Card and got the 30 day notice notification. I've had 4 HPs in the last two years so I had one to burn. My Fico 8 scores from my 3B report are:

Eq. 658

Ex. 659

Tu. 658

I know those aren't great scores and my utililization is at 50%, but others have been approved with similar scores. 
I want an in with Chase and figured co-branded was the way to go. 

I would also like to know how long that hard pull is good for in case I'm approved and want to try for another card. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Sig Card

Called the status line and it now says two weeks. 

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The 'two weeks' review indication tends to be favorable in most cases.  Just keep checking periodically for the final outcome.

An item to keep in mind, scores aren't the only benchmark to gauge the odds as there's plenty of other factors that Chase has been considering as of recent.

The HP is usually good for 30 days, but just be aware that Chase may pull an alternate CR for the 2nd application.

Message 3 of 13
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Not to be debbie downer or anything, but Chase is hard to get into without being closer to 700.  Try knocking that utilization down before apping again.

Best of luck though

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 4 of 13
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Checked the app status line today and it went to 7-10 days. So it seems to be a denial but I'll call and see if  they need proof of identity or something of that nature. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah scores aren't really that bad, I'm gonna say that the 50% UT is what would be the deciding factor in a possible decline. 

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Hi all, I applied for the Chase Amazon Prime Signature Card and got the 30 day notice notification. I've had 4 HPs in the last two years so I had one to burn. My Fico 8 scores from my 3B report are:

Eq. 658

Ex. 659

Tu. 658

I know those aren't great scores and my utililization is at 50%, but others have been approved with similar scores. 

I would also like to know how long that hard pull is good for in case I'm approved and want to try for another card. 

Im suprised no one corrected this, which is huge distinction , but hps dont  affect ones Chase approval chances ( in other ways yes lol) but credit card accounts opened in last 2 years do hence 5 /24.  Not 5 hps  OPSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Eq. 658

Ex. 659

Tu. 658

Im suprised no one corrected this, which is huge distinction , but hps dont  affect ones Chase approval chances ( in other ways yes lol) but credit card accounts opened in last 2 years do hence 5 /24.  Not 5 hps  OPSmiley Wink

I was simply stating that I didn't have many hard pulls. I'm aware of 5/24 and at this moment I'm at 2/24 which is why I applied. 

Message 8 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did you call in on Friday afternoon?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Eq. 658

Ex. 659

Tu. 658

I was simply stating that I didn't have many hard pulls. I'm aware of 5/24 and at this moment I'm at 2/24 which is why I applied. 

Understood. Just read like you were emphasizing the hps in a two year span and some newbie may have read alot into that.  It happens here on occasion. There are still many in the general population who have no clue about 5/24

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.