cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime approval chances?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime approval chances?

I would hold off until you Chase cards have some age.

Honestly, Im surprised that you got approved for those two Chase Cards with 8 c/o, with one being Chase. Are they paid/settled or unpaid?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 18
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Honestly, Im surprised that you got approved for those two Chase Cards with 8 c/o, with one being Chase. Are they paid/settled or unpaid?

All 8 were settled in January of this year. And yes, I'm honestly surprised I was approved for them, too! They randomly popped up as being pre-approved when I logged into my chase checking accounts the other day

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 12 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

+1  especially since you settled intead of PIF

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

All 8 were settled in January of this year. And yes, I'm honestly surprised I was approved for them, too! They randomly popped up as being pre-approved when I logged into my chase checking accounts the other day

Good for you on getting approved. Like I said in my other post, I would hold off until your Chase accounts age at least 6 months.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 18
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Will do, thanks!

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read every message thinking at some point I would come across something that said "CO" was something other than "charge off".

That combined with your scores makes the approvals, stunning.

I have no advice on the Amazon card....I'm just here to congratulate you on getting the other two Chase cards.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the consensus of not risking your Chase accounts. I’m impressed that you got those two cards opened and I would be happy leaving it at that for the foreseeable future. Don’t want to upset Chase and have them claw your cards back.
Message 17 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

Wanted to see what people think my chances could be of getting approved for the Prime card, before I try to apply. Here's my current standing:

Currently at 3/24.

Scores as shown in my signature.

Last week I was spproved for CSP @ $8,400 and CFU @ $5,600. Also a Cap1 card @ $2,000.

Here's where it gets iffy. I have 8 CO credit card accounts on my report. No collections or bankruptcies or judgments - those 8 CO accounts are my only baddies, but they're not very old either, at about 2 years. 1 of those CO credit cards was a Chase card.

You would think the 2-year-old Chase CO would be a dealbreaker, but keep in mind my CSP and CSU approvals I got just last week (against all odds).

Are my chances decent? I don't want to apply and then get denied, so if I should wait a while before applying, I will. But the problem is that there are other cards I want to get as well, so I was hoping to get the Amazon card before I hit that 5/24 mark that would likely make it impossible to get the Amazon card in the near future.

I dont want to be the bearer of ominous news but I think you should slow your roll. You’re poking a big sleeping bear and before you know it, he’s going to wake up and BAM, might slap you down. 

There is a post on here that just last week a poster applied for the CSP. He had a CFU. It appears Chase did some digging and found a 12 yo problem and not only denied the CSP but also closed down his CFU. Im going to look for the link and post it here.

EDIT:  Okay, found it, but it’s 2 different posts within a posts showing that what you’re contemplating is not a good idea. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Denied-and-Closed/m-p/5615610#M23011...

And Chase is well known for doing SPs pulls and closing CCs after they have been issued. 

IMHO, I suggest laying low, not applying for anything else for 6-12 months, and keeping your fingers crossed that you’re not already in Chase’s crosshairs. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.