Did you mean: 

Chase App - 4 yrs post ch7 BK - 2 week message

tag
TouringTony-com
New Visitor

Chase App - 4 yrs post ch7 BK - 2 week message

Hi everyone. 

I have searched high and low about this but I'd like to pick the brain trust 

I am 4 yrs post BL discharge and Chase was IIB.

I am hovering around 700 credit score with about 20% util on other cards. 

I apped for united explorer card on 5/21 got denial . Called recon right away and nice lady asked lots of questions and said she had to send to another department for review. She said my explanation of bk Amd having 2 checking 1 saving and investment account with chase past 2 years looks good .

I called back to get automated several times over last 4 days and it still says " pending and will notify in 2 weeks .  

just called recon line today 5/25 to ask if they needed anything else. Was told it's still pending Amd she said she can't see that they need more info to just wait on letter in 1 to 2 weeks. 

with all this said what is y'all's thoughts ?

I did check flow charts and searched and it seems it's good , but ...

thank you so much 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Chase App - 4 yrs post ch7 BK - 2 week message

Don't read too much into the two week message being an approval as some say. I received that and was denied.

Message 2 of 4
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

That would be a pretty incredible achievement to land an approval on the United card only 4 years out of DC when Chase was IIB.  If you weren't attached to the United card specifically but were just interested in getting back in with Chase in general, there have been some successes with people getting approved for the Chase Amazon card with that kind of BK history.  Good luck on this one, though!

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@TouringTony-com wrote:

Hi everyone. 

I have searched high and low about this but I'd like to pick the brain trust 

I am 4 yrs post BL discharge and Chase was IIB.

I am hovering around 700 credit score with about 20% util on other cards. 

I apped for united explorer card on 5/21 got denial . Called recon right away and nice lady asked lots of questions and said she had to send to another department for review. She said my explanation of bk Amd having 2 checking 1 saving and investment account with chase past 2 years looks good .

I called back to get automated several times over last 4 days and it still says " pending and will notify in 2 weeks .  

just called recon line today 5/25 to ask if they needed anything else. Was told it's still pending Amd she said she can't see that they need more info to just wait on letter in 1 to 2 weeks. 

with all this said what is y'all's thoughts ?

I did check flow charts and searched and it seems it's good , but ...

thank you so much 

I don't think you have a chance. I hope I'm wrong.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.