Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase App Dilemma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase App Dilemma

I was making a payment on my CSR yesterday and noticed a preapproval notice for the CFU on my Chase online banking site. I was going to product change my Slate to the CFU later this year but this could be an opportunity to go for the Trifecta if I applied for the CFU and product change the Slate to the Freedom. I'm currently @ 4/24 (Amex Gold, ED - Jan 2018, Discover It - Feb 2018 and Schwab Plat - April 2019).

My concern is that I've read about Chase recently taking AAs on some forum members after app'ing for preapproved cards and I definitely don't want to stir the pot. I'm one of the exceptions of owning a Chase flagship card with BK CH. 7 showing (app'd In Branch - no recon) and 1 additional card (Slate). 

Should I app or disregard the preapproval?

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 8.37.05 PM.png

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase App Dilemma

How old are CSR and Slate
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

CSR - April 2017

Slate - Oct 2016

Message 3 of 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

CSR - April 2017

Slate - Oct 2016

You're probably good to go, but I wouldn't app for anything else for a while after taking the additional Chase card.

Message 4 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I don't think those instances of AA are applicable to you at all.
I would go for it.
Hopefully they still wont blink an eye at the presence of BK.

Good luck and I hope to see an approval thread from you!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think youre fine. I went Free, FU, CSP on 2/17, 7/17 and 11/17 based on preapprovals. Keep out if 90 day windows, but if your Chase cards are your the most recent you should be good given the 4/24
Message 6 of 17
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I’m jealous. I have yet to get any offer from Chase at all so I would say in your position looks legit to me so go for it!
Message 7 of 17
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think youre fine. I went Free, FU, CSP on 2/17, 7/17 and 11/17 based on preapprovals. Keep out if 90 day windows, but if your Chase cards are your the most recent you should be good given the 4/24

Sometime around November 2018, chase got WAAAAY more strict about people getting multiple cards in short timeframes. You got away with only having 5 months between each of your 3 chase cards in 2017, but if you tried the same thing in 2019, it's less likely they'd have let it slide.

These days, the recommendation is no longer to wait 90 days between apps like it used to be; now the recommendation is to wait at least 6 months or a year between chase apps.

Anyways, OP is well outside of that window anyways, so I think they're good to go. Enjoy the new CFU with that great SL! It's a great card, and pairs wonderfully with your CSR card.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 8 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Suprised with the BK on your CRA's but I agree you should be fine and somehow you are one of the rare people that get through their no BK barrier.  

Message 9 of 17
CivalV
Established Contributor

I didnt know that Chase shows the preapproved SL. That’s awesome! Good luck if you go for it 💪🏼
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.