Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase App Dilemma

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase App Dilemma

@CivalV wrote:
I didnt know that Chase shows the preapproved SL. That’s awesome! Good luck if you go for it 💪🏼

They don't always, but I guess sometimes they do! My preapprovals earlier this month didn't show an SL or APR. I wish I had thought to take a screenshot at the time.

What's interesting is that his doesn't say "pre-approved" or "pre-qualified" or "invited to apply"... it says "You're approved". Almost makes it sound like they've already made the card for him and are just waiting for the thumbs up to drop it into the mail.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take the new card, I think you have left enough time in between apps for it to be okay. Congrats!!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input everyone - I checked with my banker today and she confirmed that the offer is solid and was shocked that I didn't accept it immediately. Smiley Indifferent sheesh you can't be too careful with Chase nowadays.

My next move after I accept the offer would be product changing my Slate to the Freedom card. How long should I wait between acceptance and product change? 

Thank you.

Message 13 of 17
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your input everyone - I checked with my banker today and she confirmed that the offer is solid and was shocked that I didn't accept it immediately. Smiley Indifferent sheesh you can't be too careful with Chase nowadays.

My next move after I accept the offer would be product changing my Slate to the Freedom card. How long should I wait between acceptance and product change? 

Thank you.

IMO, I don't think chase would have any issue doing that product change immediately, but I would ask them if they'll require a HP to do it. If so, maybe consider doing it on the same day as you apply for the CFU, so they can share the same inquiry.

I can verify that Chase will only pull credit once for two credit cards done on the same day, as earlier this month I got the CFU and CSP on the same day and only pulled credit once (from 2 bureaus, though)

Anyways, I don't think a product change would trigger Chase's panic button, since it isn't exactly new credit. Maybe someone else can verify if that's true.

Message 14 of 17
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I think I remember reading in another thread recently that Chase doesn't do a HP for a PC unless you're also asking for a CLI at the same time. Some PC's require a CLI if your old card has a lower CL than the new card's minimum CL, but I don't think the Freedom has a minimum CL (or if it does, it's really low, like $500) so you shouldn't need a CLI to do the PC.

Message 15 of 17
CivalV
Established Contributor

Oh wow I didnt even realize that lol

They must really love his profile!
Message 16 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

You dont need to wait, you can ask to PC today 

It will not affect your app. 

I'm waiting for that approval thread lol 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.