cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

UPDATE!
2 weeks after approval my card got cancelled. Got a letter, said because old unsatisfactory relationship AND not a lot of credit card history recently.
Never going to do anything CHASE related ever again. Who issues a card and cancels it 2 weeks later? Stupid ...
Message 21 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

i always get the "can't find any offer for at this time" message from the Chase Pre Qual site.

I coudn't understand this until I remembered my WaMu burns (Two Credit cards for over $20k) 10 years ago (yep....i got hit like a lot of others back then)

i did get an offer in the mail from Chase for a CFU a few weeks back, but i recall the INT % wsa kinda high, so i didnt apply.

The WaMu burn is sticking with 'em.

Message 22 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Why covet a Chase 5/24 CC when you can get a better one for only 5/3 Smiley Wink

AJC, are you smoking crack again?!? We have told you time and again to get help!

Besides, it is Chase's Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Priority Visa that I want! Fifth Third Bank ain't got that!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 23 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
UPDATE!
2 weeks after approval my card got cancelled. Got a letter, said because old unsatisfactory relationship AND not a lot of credit card history recently.
Never going to do anything CHASE related ever again. Who issues a card and cancels it 2 weeks later? Stupid ...

Sorry for your bad fortune. That would make my heart sink if that happened to me. I guess your account application went through UW and was reviewed and denied. 

Message 24 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i always get the "can't find any offer for at this time" message from the Chase Pre Qual site.

I coudn't understand this until I remembered my WaMu burns (Two Credit cards for over $20k) 10 years ago (yep....i got hit like a lot of others back then)

i did get an offer in the mail from Chase for a CFU a few weeks back, but i recall the INT % wsa kinda high, so i didnt apply.

The WaMu burn is sticking with 'em.

Well I guess I will have to come up with plan "B". If Chase denies me for my SWA RR Priority Visa there is always AmEx and Delta Gold!

Message 25 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Man oh man, if they only knew!

swaad.JPG

Message 26 of 67
johnsonca2
Valued Member

Last year I violated the Chase 5/24 rule. I applied for 7 cards in a matter of 1 wk, 2 of those cards were Chase branded cards. Here I am a year later and I still have my chase cards. Not sure why or how, but I am proof that there are exceptions.
Message 27 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol violating Chase's 5/24 haha!

Real question....

Who do you get to help a @Medic981 feenin for a Chase card?😲
Message 28 of 67
johnsonca2
Valued Member

Additionally, I used the Chase prequalify tool and it came back with ZERO offers prior to applying and getting approved for the 2 cards.
Message 29 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im in stiches, you used Tool and Chase in same postSmiley Wink. Ok ill see myself to the exitSmiley Wink
Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.