cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

Are we supposed to chase after Chase, or is Chase supposed to chase after us? I am so confused!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 31 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If one Chases Chase they are the Chaser. If Chase Chases you, you are the one being Chased! Hope this helpsSmiley Happy
Message 32 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnsonca2 wrote:
Additionally, I used the Chase prequalify tool and it came back with ZERO offers prior to applying and getting approved for the 2 cards.

But isn't cold apping a much better feeling? The sheer adrenaline rush not knowing anything going in!

Message 33 of 67
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

I also burned Chase through an old WaMu account that was IIB in 2011, for about $1,000 or $3,000.  I can't remember the details.  My Ch.13 was discharged in 2016.  Six months later, in 2017, I apped Disney Premiere and was denied, then on recon, was approved with a small limit.  

I later apped Freedom and was denied because my BK was still on my CR.  

I now have Disney premiere (limit was doubled), a CSP (limit was doubled), and my newest Chase card is my CFU with my highest starting limit to date:  $17,900.  I'd love to see them double that limit, but I'm a realist.

Yes, Chase remembers, but in my case, they also forgive.

Message 34 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

I also burned Chase through an old WaMu account that was IIB in 2011, for about $1,000 or $3,000.  I can't remember the details.  My Ch.13 was discharged in 2016.  Six months later, in 2017, I apped Disney Premiere and was denied, then on recon, was approved with a small limit.  

I later apped Freedom and was denied because my BK was still on my CR.  

I now have Disney premiere (limit was doubled), a CSP (limit was doubled), and my newest Chase card is my CFU with my highest starting limit to date:  $17,900.  I'd love to see them double that limit, but I'm a realist.

Yes, Chase remembers, but in my case, they also forgive.

Thank you for the DPs. You give me hope @2GreenThumbs that when I do come out of the garden I will have a chance on recon if I get denied.

Message 35 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My guess is they gave 2GreenThumbs a second chance because his thumbs are greenSmiley Wink 💰🤑
Message 36 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

If I could only be as fortunate as @2greenthumbs... I would dye my thumbs green if I thought it would help get my dream card.

Message 37 of 67
sjt
Senior Contributor

When will you be under 5/24? Also, do you live near a Chase branch?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 38 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

If I didn't get a CLOC with NFCU I would be 4/24 next month. As it stands, I will be 5/24 until Sept 2020. My nearest Chase branch is 40 miles away in the BIG city. I live in a little city, which doesn't have a Chase branch.

Message 39 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Does this mean what I think it means?

chasepre.JPG

Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.