cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Bank, how I covet thee 5/24 CC!

nfcu-chase.JPG

I feel like such a cheater! NFCU across the street from Chase, watching me walk in. I still love you NFCU.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 61 of 67
Medic981
Valued Contributor

In short, I walked out of Chase approved for a CSP with $6,700 SL.

I unfroze all of my credit bureau files for today

I was 10 minutes early for my appointment time and was shown in a few minutes after my arrival. Debbie was my personal banker. She asked if I was there to apply for a credit card and if I was a current customer. I told her that I had my auto lease through Chase and that I wanted to see what CC I was pre-approved for. I told her that I was 5/24 and that in my Chase account page, Just For You offers, showed me pre-qualified offers but not for the card that I wanted. She asked which card and I told her the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority CC. 

Debbie told me in the 15 years she has been working at Chase, she has never seen pre-approvals for SWRR CC in branch. She said she would take a look anyway. 

After verifying my identification employment and income, she pulled my offers and I was Pre-Approved for all of Chase's Core CCs. She said the reason I was only pre-qualified online is because I haven't updated my income in the last 12 months.  

She showed me the screen and sure enough, I was pre-approved for all of Chase's Core CCs. No Southwest cards were offered pre-approved. Interestingly though, United's Explorer CC was shown as pre-approved. 

Again, Debbie said that the Co-Branded cards are typically not offered as pre-approved in branch, only the core CCs. 

Debbie stated that with preapprovals, there is a 98% approval rate. The 2% not approved is due to changes in someone's credit report since the AR. So I decided to go for the CSP. Debbie said to not be surprised if it "went to lending" since I am currently 5/24. Fifteen seconds after she submitted the application it came back approved for $6,700 at 21.74% APR. 

Data points

I had a $1000 CO with WAMU in 2008 and it appears that Chase has forgiven me for this transgression. 

I have been 5/24 since Nov 2018 and the pre-qualified on Chase.com was a solid offer as it was a pre-approval in branch.

The only relationship I have had with Chase Bank is my Subaru Lease since Aug 2018.

Chase does not offer pre-qualified or pre-approvals for co-branded cards in branch.

I took an HP on Transunion

When I arrived home I found this on my Chase accounts page.

CSP.JPG

CSPUR.JPG

Now I get to wait for my new metal card in the mail and enter the Gardening Hall of Shame!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 62 of 67
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, Medic981!

Message 63 of 67
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats, Medic!
Message 64 of 67
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I'm glad Chase and Debbie made it worth it. 

Message 65 of 67
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on your chase cc approval! that's a one of the top tier dog in the game!💪🏾

Message 66 of 67
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has indicated their approval, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/I-have-joined-the-Gardening-Hall-of-Shame/td-...
Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.