Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Blacklist- Disney and Southwest Airlines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Blacklist- Disney and Southwest Airlines

Its been 8 years since my bankruptcy where I burned Chase.... any chance I'll ever get a chance to get apparoved for the Southwest airlines or Disney card?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Blacklist- Disney and Soutjwest Airlines

Unfortunately, Chase won't likely approve any CCs if there's a presence of BK on your CRs. It used to be that a variety of folks would go through the reconsideration route at one point, but their internal policies on BK have changed.

Also, they keep internal records for a very long time. They tend to have long memories, unfortunately.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bankruptcy is no longer on my reports, it fell off at 7 years. I only have one negative on my reports from Verizon that I got screwed on when I switched services... but its since been paid off.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it help if I opened a savings account with Chase? Maybe if I stick $500 in there for six months and try again?
Message 4 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Then, the only way to know is when you apply. If you burned Chase for quite a bit then it's likely that the odds may not be in your favor. If you get declined, you can try the reconsideration approach but YEMV.

ETA - I don't think your chances would improve with a $500 savings deposit, though.
Message 5 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I included them in our BK 13 years ago, still blacklisted. 

I agree opening a bank account will probably not get you in.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card at the time only had $1000 limit.
Message 7 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Still chase has a very long memory.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
My card at the time only had $1000 limit.

Only 1k Chase got burned for.. If you got burned for 1k and not paid back would you want to borrow that money to a friend again without pause? Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

My friend who works at Chase confirmed to me a couple of weeks ago that the new policy is blacklist for a minimum of 10 years if bankruptcy is present, included or not. It's hardcoded into the system so it can't be circumvented. I did see 2 people were able to recon after 45+ min phone calls. She doesnt know how they could have done it.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.