Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CCs

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Chase CCs

Hey again!

So, now that I got my fix with a couple of nice CLIs, I'm going to keep myself in the garden until February (even though Discover keeps sending me snail mail with a really tempting rate!).  With that being said, my next goal is a Chase CC.  I'm thinking the Chase Freedom Unlimited card with the across the board 3% cash back.  

As I prepare and wait for my eligibility from the 5/24, I'm wondering if there are ways to increase my chances with them or get on their radar.  They recently opened a Chase branch in NC.  Would it help if I open up a Chase banking account?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!  Thank you!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CCs

As I understand it, a Chase checking or savings account will not improve your chances of a CC with Chase.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

As I understand it, a Chase checking or savings account will not improve your chances of a CC with Chase.

This. From all accounts I have heard, Chase really doesn't care about banking relationship. I wouldn't deposit money with them in the hopes of it helping a CC approval.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open checking account with them and they actually do care about banking relationships and it can cause borderline applications to get pushed through with recon. Not saying it works that way 24/7 but I’ve seen it a lot.

Sign up for chase credit journey and check for prequalified offers as they are solid offers
Message 4 of 26
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!  Just trying to make sure that I get in when I go for it.  I don't take rejection well.  Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:
Open checking account with them and they actually do care about banking relationships and it can cause borderline applications to get pushed through with recon. Not saying it works that way 24/7 but I’ve seen it a lot.

Sign up for chase credit journey and check for prequalified offers as they are solid offers

@CS1974 - I already have the Chase Credit Journey and just logged in.  You mentioned prequalified offers.  I see the offers tab and went to it.  It lists their services with Credit Cards as the first tab.  I'm guessing that means there are no offers?  Could it be because of the 5/24? They are reporting me with a 770 TU.  

Also, could it be because I'm not opted in?  I don't ever recall opting out for offers for anyone, other than Credit One who was sending me up to two a day.  (I even started collecting the fake cards they were sending.)  If for some reason I'm not opted in, is there a way to get back in?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may mean no offers at this time because when I log in, that little bell at the top has 3 offers when I click it. CF, CFU and CSP and then you click on the offer and it gives the Set APR and such.

I'd just keep checking back and if you're over the 5/24 maybe check it when you're closer to being 4/24 or less

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do it at www.optoutprescreen.com - should be able to see if you’re opted out or not. By default you’re opted in.
Message 7 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Best way to avoid rejection with Chase is to reject Chase😄
Message 8 of 26
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

If I used that philosophy with women, I would never get slapped in the face. I crave human contact.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 9 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

If I used that philosophy with women, I would never get slapped in the face. I crave human contact.

😄🤦‍♂️

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.