Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP selected offer - green check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSP selected offer - green check

My credit score is around 680-700. I have 8 months of CC history and 5 months with Chase all in good standing. I am getting CSP "Selected offers" on mobile and web with a green check. Two months ago I applied and was denied for the same card. 

Is it worth trying again or should i wait until next month when i am at the 6 month mark? I really want this card but I also am concerned about the hard pull. From what I understand a selected offer is not a preapproval, but a green check makes it likely? There is a set APR listed as well.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CSP selected offer - green check

The green checkmark is not always a guarantee OP.

You mentioned that you had applied and were not approved. What were the specific reasons cited on the denial letter?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Age of accounts

Utilization (was at 42%, currently at 20%)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until your oldest card is at least one year old.

The offers will always be there so be patient.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could risk it if you get your util down to 10%

Personally, I'd wait because aooa 8 months and 690s scores are way below the average

For comparison, I'm hoping to app the CSP but I'm aooa 18 months, AAoA 1 year, one 20k total cl over 3 cards, history with Chase credit, scores 750s

And I don't think I'm ready to app
Message 5 of 8
jl4
Established Contributor

Something to also consider is what the APR looks like. If it's a range, given your current scenario, you're much less likely to be approved because odds are, they haven't really looked at your profile lately to make that offer to you. Single APRs generally indicate they've seen it already through regular review and feel more comfortable with the state of things. 

Getting your Util down and a solid, single APR would be a good baseline for applying. 

If it helps, I had an offer with an APR range and was denied instantly (Chase's 5/24 rule). A month later, no real change in my reports, and the offer had a single APR and was approved. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a set number APR; not a range.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Applicants have gotten approved for the Sapphire Preferred with credit scores in the 600s, so that can definitely happen. But if your score is on the lower side, the importance of having an established credit history and solid income might be even more important. Thus, I would not apply for the Sapphire Preferred with a score like a 680, unless I had some other strong factors in my credit report."

From THIS piece.

My income is 100k+, and while i have prequalified offers from Amex already id rather get the CSP. Might just follow my instinct and see what happens with any auto CLI on my freedom at the 6 month mark, and then appy in branch for the CSP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.