Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Card Chance

Hello,

I've been a member of the forum for quite some time and am very thankful for all the insight provided.  My question is this -- I had a property foreclosed in 2007 in which Chase was the mortgagor.  The entry was removed from my credit report over 10 years ago.  I currently have an Auto loan with Chase, that has a few lates on it from last year.  My FICO 08 scores as of today, 6\5\19 are:

EX - 728 

TU - 725

EQ - 718

I have a total of roughly 160K in revolving credit, with 18% utilization.  Income is 180K.  Added my first new card in years to the stable last month - Discover IT $16.5k limit, which is my fourth highest limit card..  No Chase cards.  Any thoughts on my chances getting back in with Chase?

BTW - When I go to my Chase auto account and check offers, i'm offered checking accounts...etc.  However when I click on "credit cards" and select a specific card, it says "Your Offer", and says because i'm a Chase customer, just enter my income and phone number for immediate decision.  Also, interest rates are shown -- i.e. for the CFU it shows variable interest rates of 17.24% to 25.99%.

Again, I appreciate any feedback\insight.

I appreciate any expertise and feedback.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Card Chance

Without a solid APR, it's neither pre-approval or pre-qualification. However, you do not need either in order to be approved. 

How many cards did you open in the last 5 years and is there BK on your file? 

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Remedios,

Thanks for the reply.  I've opened a total of (2) cards in the last five years.  I added my 4th AMEX and the Discover card I mentioned earlier.  I've been gardening pretty heavy for years.  I've read about Chase' 5/24 so definetely safe there.  Experian Credit Check account, Credit Karma, Credit Sesame all say my odds to get CSP, CF, and CFU are all very good.  I've also heard\read that Chase has an internal scoring system that is truly used to decide ones fate.

Again, I appreciate the quick response!

:

Message 3 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You could try this https://www.chase.com/prequalified

I think you're good to apply even if prequal returns nothing. Just make sure your reports are not locked or frozen 

Good luck and fingers crossed! 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.  I think i'll give it a couple of days to let all my recent payments cycle through.  I figure the more points gained will hopefully help!

I'll reply back in a few days once I have my nerves worked up enough to pull the trigger:-)

Thanks again Remedios!

Message 5 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much.  I think i'll give it a couple of days to let all my recent payments cycle through.  I figure the more points gained will hopefully help!

I'll reply back in a few days once I have my nerves worked up enough to pull the trigger:-)

Thanks again Remedios!

You're welcome. I want approval thread lol 

Message 6 of 23
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again Remedios!

Even if there are no pre-qual offers, I think you should go ahead and apply. Chancs are you would be approved.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SJT.  I'll keep you all posted once I pull.  Like Remedios stated, "hopefully this carries over to the approval forum".

Message 8 of 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

If Chase was the mortgagor, and you were the mortgagee, then I guess Chase owes you money lol

I’m sorry, I’m sorry— I know that wasn’t helpful. I would say it looks good for you to try. No guarantees of course, but you are way under 5/24 and your baddie fell off a long time ago. Good luck!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I've been a member of the forum for quite some time and am very thankful for all the insight provided.  My question is this -- I had a property foreclosed in 2007 in which Chase was the mortgagor.  The entry was removed from my credit report over 10 years ago.  I currently have an Auto loan with Chase, that has a few lates on it from last year.  My FICO 08 scores as of today, 6\5\19 are:

EX - 728 

TU - 725

EQ - 718

I have a total of roughly 160K in revolving credit, with 18% utilization.  Income is 180K.  Added my first new card in years to the stable last month - Discover IT $16.5k limit, which is my fourth highest limit card..  No Chase cards.  Any thoughts on my chances getting back in with Chase?

BTW - When I go to my Chase auto account and check offers, i'm offered checking accounts...etc.  However when I click on "credit cards" and select a specific card, it says "Your Offer", and says because i'm a Chase customer, just enter my income and phone number for immediate decision.  Also, interest rates are shown -- i.e. for the CFU it shows variable interest rates of 17.24% to 25.99%.

Again, I appreciate any feedback\insight.

I appreciate any expertise and feedback.

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

Is there a Chase in your area where you can go in branch and speak to a supervisor about a pre-approval? My concern is the prior banking relationship with Chase. Even though it's not on the CRs, it is definitely in their internal records.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.