Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

Number worked well, got me to the right person, however as someone previously wrote they were blunt.  My EX was clean however 5 openned new accounts in 6 months was too much so I was declined.  I explained my reasoning for new accounts but no go.  Bummer.

Message 51 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, got the standard 30 day wait period on the online application, called into the backdoor number and after 2 minutes of review was approved for the Mileage Explorer card w/ $11k limit.  Called back after another 30 minutes and asked them for an increase , got $15k immediately. (as my screen name says this is my first big CC after destroying my credit 8 years ago, spent the last 2 years building good credit history with secured cards w/ low limits, and debit cards)

Awesome !!!

Please use this line..real people listening to your story for credit approval, rather than a computer and score trying to figure it out. 

P.S. Make sure you tell them you want the Signature card..the Mileage Explorer Card has 2 levels (based on your credit , unknown to most a Signature and a Platinum) , you want the Signature card for those travel benefits..

Message 52 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

That back door number works great. Got the usuall web note that will get an answer is 7 to 10 days. Called up and very nice lady picked up the phone. Asked me some questions from my credit report and approved for $3000 on a Chase Freedom Card.

I currently have 2 capital ones with 500 limit & a discover with 2200 limit.

paid off my care credit. 4000 bill

TU - 675. 

EXP- 703

EXuifax - 636

No late payments. No collection. my oldest card is 2 year old discovery. About 5 years ago I was in the 500 credit score range.

Message 53 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi one thing i must say sometimes when a person try to get a card and then get turn down the first time when you try the second time make sure you let them know that you want them to pull a fresh credit report. some cards like citi use the same old info from the first time and wil not tell you its a soft pull.they system have a way of keeping old info i know this for a fact.

Message 54 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdoor number worked great for me I wasn't expecting a huge limit just wanted another card to expand my portfolio to build my credit etc. Got the 30 day email called them up and they gave me a 500 CL to start which is all I wanted thanks for the number.

Message 55 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to signup just to thank everyone who recommended this...

8 days after applying I called in and spoke to a woman (was very nice and not blunt at all, not that I would have cared either way). Advised that I was denied for 4 reasons, all of which involved a high debt to credit ratio on my only other existing card which I had expected. Without even asking any questions, she reviewed it and approved it for 3000 CL. Actually higher than I had expected or even wanted. 

Great thread, and thanks again!

Message 56 of 110
Bobert22
Contributor

@Stukov

Welcome to myFico forums!

What card did you apply for?
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 57 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot believe,I stumbled onto this post,I called that number talked to a nice young man named Brian,so much more personal than the cold hard facts that they look at from the card application,I have a 686 credit score,6.5 years ago I filed a Chapter 13,(House loan ballooned) paid it off 3 years ago and have been working hard to rebuild credit,I have an HSBC card and a Capital One card  and a car payment with 6.5% interest rate,(With Chase) ,I wanted a credit card with a better interest rate and the 2 airline tickets you can get with the Soutwest Chase card was inviting,I called today and was told I was declined,but talked to Brian,and he agreed I deserved a card,So $3000 limit; but I got the card. Thank you for this post.I am still shaking my head but it worked..The fact remains though,that I deserved the card,I'm been working hard to rebuild my credit and an actual person that took the time to look and see I was telling the truth is a fair way to do business.  Thank you Chase and the guy that left this initial post !!!

Message 58 of 110
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@betsyblues1

Congrats on your approval! Welcome to the Forum!
Message 59 of 110
creditfixed13

Good news... I've applied for the Chase Freedom on 3/26. Finally today had the courage to call the back number and got a hold of a lady name Leslie, she asked me questions about my credit report... after 10 minutes I got approved with a credit line ok 4,000... I am so happy... Fico score 649
Message 60 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.