Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Denial and Recon Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

I decided to pull the trigger on Chase with my recent luck on approvals and was denied for the freedom and on recon.

I called in 2 times today to recon and spoke with a man and then a women.  They were not very helpful.  Ugh.  BTW...the recon numbers listed sent me to the same analyst the second time I called in.  I called the app recon and spoke to the man.  I then called the analyst recon and the same guy answered.  I hung up and called back the same number and a woman answered and she said "didnt you just call and speak with someone else"  lol

They do know many times you call. They are very rude.

You just have to tell them that you were unsatisfied with the response and would like to verify and discuss some information.

It takes more then that with them. Last time I told them I do not agree with the last analyst and would like a second analyst to review it for me. He said what did change in 5 mins? He was ready to start an argument with me lol. I said only thing changed I got a arrogant representative and hanged up. Smiley Tongue

Tell him you had 5 shots in the last 5 minutes and you're ready to rock.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 22
NP27
Established Contributor

Sorry I didnt take the advice.  I guess I got ansy and was feeling bulletproof from the approvals I received yesterday.  I WAS on a roll, but NOW I am in the garden and I will try to clean up some baddies with a 623 while I grow my limits on my current cards.

Yes....they were very rude BTW

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than just about every other bank, Chase appears to be very reluctant about extending credit to anyone who has burned them in the past. I have even read posts about Chase putting very qualified candidates through the ringer about a prior baddie involving Chase in the 90s.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSR I dealt with after my initial denial for my CSP (because of a 1993 charge off for some company they bought out) was very polite and helpful and I was able to get her to change the denial into an approval.  

Message 17 of 22
NP27
Established Contributor

I'll try 1 more time on Monday or wait to see if I hear from the EO
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

Sorry I didnt take the advice.  I guess I got ansy and was feeling bulletproof from the approvals I received yesterday.  I WAS on a roll, but NOW I am in the garden and I will try to clean up some baddies with a 623 while I grow my limits on my current cards.

Chase seems tough these days. It is your best option to garden for a while then try again. I would wait 6 months minimum or a year if possible before applying again.

+ 1

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really want the card, lurk and go to their Pre qualification site and see if you get qual for it.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.