Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denial with a 698 Fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Denial with a 698 Fico

Hello All, 

Long time member, lurker and listener in the forums. 

Had a BK in 2009 Chapter 7 - 

Through these forums and learning good habits have rebuilt my credit and savings. 

Utilization is less than 1% 

Have Amex, Discover, Cap One , Barclays etc with high limits. 

Income : 100k

This is the second time I applied to Chase (Sapphire) and was denied. It was not because of the 5/24. After pushing it to recon, I told the woman look at my track record zero lates, low utilization, good history, she still would not approve. I believe it is because I "burned" them in the BK in the amount of $5000 or so. 

My question to you all in the forum is. How can I overcome this? Chase is the hot girl or guy in the club that is giving me no love. The amount was already BKed! What can I do to get back into creating/ building a relationship with Chase. 

Thanks ahead for your feedback and advice. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Denial with a 698 Fico

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All, 

Long time member, lurker and listener in the forums. 

Had a BK in 2009 Chapter 7 - 

Through these forums and learning good habits have rebuilt my credit and savings. 

Utilization is less than 1% 

Have Amex, Discover, Cap One , Barclays etc with high limits. 

Income : 100k

This is the second time I applied to Chase (Sapphire) and was denied. It was not because of the 5/24. After pushing it to recon, I told the woman look at my track record zero lates, low utilization, good history, she still would not approve. I believe it is because I "burned" them in the BK in the amount of $5000 or so. 

My question to you all in the forum is. How can I overcome this? Chase is the hot girl or guy in the club that is giving me no love. The amount was already BKed! What can I do to get back into creating/ building a relationship with Chase. 

Thanks ahead for your feedback and advice. 

As long as that BK is on your CRs, Chase won't budge. And now knowing Chase was included in your BK, that hot chick/dude at the end of the bar is off limits to you, indefinitely, I believe. 

I must say that I did laugh at your remark, "The amount was already BKed!" You broke up with them and you want them to trust you again? I think Chase may hold a grudge longer than 9 years, but maybe not. JMO

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol 😂 i mean that was the old me . I’ve changed , trust me look at my CR and references I’m a new man.

Message 3 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
lol 😂 i mean that was the old me . I’ve changed , trust me look at my CR and references I’m a new man.

Smiley Very Happy Did you pay Chase back?

Of course, you are not required to do so (I'm just being funny here), but it's like loaning your best friend $5K and he/she never pays you back. Are you still hanging out with him/her? I don't think so.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I get it.

However is that an option ? Can you pay back on an old discharge ?
Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Payment is totally voluntary, but not a requirement to get back in with Chase.

If you IIB Chase, it's going to take a long while, but outcomes can vary. The first step is getting those scores nudged a bit higher. Check to make sure that the BK is completely off all 3 CRs. Then, just optimize your profile without adding any new accounts and/or inquiries to win the chick/dude at the club...as the new you 😁
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Face it bro. Chase is just not that into you.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the BK off your credit report? If the BK is off your report and you have ultra low utilization then something else is holding your scores down. That something else is the reason for denial. My BK is 2 years old and my scores are higher than yours even though my utilization is higher.

Wait for the AA letter. Address those issues. Reapply when the BK has completely fallen off and the issues in the AA letter are  dealt with.

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

echo what others has said.  If you burnt Chase that is one strike against you, if your bk is one file that is an auto decline.  Also if you bk isn't on your report what else is supressing your scores although there are certainly worse scores that is below the us average FICO which is about 706 I believe atm.  As consumers can research on the internet how to improve their credit and optimize their scores the bar rises with regards to scores.  Chase certanly will approve with lower scores as well, but I think the biggest factor is the fact they were included in the BK and that is something that will take along time for them to forget and they will always have it in their internal records although might not be shown on your CR anymore.  Computers never forget, when they forgive is another story.  Now if you BK is off your report you can possibly call again and try another recon and let them know how you have changed and you might get an UW willing to give you another chance, but every application from now on will go into manual review and an automatic approval most likely will never happen with Chase again.

I had a CO account that I paid in 1990 from a bank Chase bought out being "providian" and they still bring that up sometimes when i speak to UW although i didnt burn them and it was paid they still have that in their records.  So their memory is very very long Smiley Happy.  

All the bests!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned chase for over $30k, never repaid and they recently approved me for a $23k United explorer card. It was 10 years from charge off date and they had denied me a few years back for amazon visa referencing prior relationship. Score at approval approx 775, high income.m and <20% util.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.