Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Denied and Closed

What. The. [Redacted]. Chase?

I applied for a CSP via black star "just for you" with a solid APR on May 7th. Today, the 17th, I call the automated line and got 7-10 days message. Hopefully it was just verification... Nope, after being moved around a couple departments, I got lending and he looked into it to tell me it was denied... for... "Unsatisfactory relationship with Chase" WAT!?

He looked into it and they denied the application today, along with CLOSING MY CFU. The CFU that's currently sitting at 0 balance after paying in full a couple days ago. The CFU that's never carried a balance, the one that has always been PIF'd and only one time rolled a statement with a balance (of only $90 of $3300). Which was PIF'd the following day.

When they pulled my reports, my FICO scores are current in my sig, along with INQs. Reported balance was $15, $7 on my Discover, $8 on my Cash+. The lending department was transfering me to another department and they disconnected me. Called back, and apparently the office JUST closed, so they picked it up and hung it up. So now I have to wait until Monday to see what the crap happened.  Ugh, this is going to grind on my anxiety all weekend.

Some data points:

Oldest Account: 3 years

AAoA: 9 Mo.

Never carried a balance.

Highest reported balance: $157

Always PIF'd, no lates, no missed payments.

Completely clean reports.

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

Yes, I would be shaking my head, too.

I guess they wanted you to be more profitable for them or something. You are a low risk borrower, so it is not your credit.

Message 2 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to be more profitable, I was about to run an entire vacation through the CSP if approved.
Message 3 of 82
Remedios
Credit Mentor

How long did you have CFU before applying for CSP? 

Message 4 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the CFU for three months.
Message 5 of 82
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

I’m really curious about what constitutes an unsatisfactory relationship. I now have 3 Chase cards (CF, CSP, Slate). The CSP will be used heavily for at least the next 3 months while I’m earning the SUB, while the CF will only be used for quarterly 5% earning categories (and I’m sure there will be some quarters where it barely gets used at all). Slate will be used for a few small BTs, and I intend to pay it off quickly and transfer the CL to the other two, then close it. I’d like to know what sorts of spending patterns they want to see.

Regardless, I’m sorry this is happening to you, especially since it seems that you’re an ideal credit card customer. Please let us know what they tell you on Monday.

Message 6 of 82
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the CFU for three months.

And any new accounts between freedom and CSP apps? 

Message 7 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

The unsatisfactory was because my CFU got closed, why it got closed is the running question. At least my PPCBMC has no FTF for my vacation, but I wanted to trust Chase more than Synchrony and actually try a travel card. I've never flown, and wanted to build some points to actually flu somewhere instead of driving.

Edit: @Remedios nope, everything in signature is current. I'm 4/24 and was keeping it that way specifically for the CSP.
Message 8 of 82
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I too am interested to hear what they have to say on Monday. I have 3 Chase cards and I’m not really seeing any red flags from what you’ve said on here. Had you redeemed any of your UR points?
Message 9 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've redeemed UR points for cash back. I was going to start the collection once I was approved for the CSP. No point in collecting them if I got denied for a real reason. Well, I guess the denial is for a "real" reason, the closure isn't though. Course I won't get the mail pieces until midweek, but I'll still call in Monday.
Message 10 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.