Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

Opening a credit card and checking in 3 months should not be considered credit seeking. Chase is off their gourd and no way to win customers though of course they could care less about the individual consumer. Im sorry , but this profile doesnt fit a churner or credit seeking individual and i chalk it up to another reason why not to do business with Chase.
Message 31 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing I can do is call them Monday and see if I can overturn their decision. The closure shouldn't hurt my scores via uti, but it's rather disappointing to get double HP'd and it makes me lose my other card. I just hope when I do go on vacation, I'm covered between my Paypal CBMC and Schwab for cash. Really wanted that CSP to try getting into travel.
Message 32 of 82
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update, logged into the app and checked my documents area and looked at the pdf of why it was closed.

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS OPENED RECENTLY
NOT ENOUGH CREDIT INFORMATION ON FILE

They listed Experian as the source of their info... which is currently FICO 752, 3 HPs, no derogs, and $8 balance.

I guess that AAOA (9mos) really spooked them. Well at least you kind of know, but why not just deny the CSP and leave the CFU alone. I guess we’ll never really know their true reason. I think getting them to change their decision on recon may be akin to moving mountains, but GL2U all the same. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 33 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Masterlink Great information, but TERRIBLE news! Seems awfully harsh. Very disappointing Smiley Sad

Good luck with your call Monday.

Message 34 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good point @CreditInspired, maybe the short aaoa didnt help. Good luck going forward @Anonymous
Message 35 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is really paranoid. They just froze my online access to my account for no reason when I am abroad (I had told them I was travelling) and they are refusing to open it until I walk into a branch which is impossible for the next year. They basically screwed me as I cannot login to pay my cards or do anything. They are really getting on my last nerves with this paranoid BS.
Message 36 of 82
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase is really paranoid. They just froze my online access to my account for no reason when I am abroad (I had told them I was travelling) and they are refusing to open it until I walk into a branch which is impossible for the next year. They basically screwed me as I cannot login to pay my cards or do anything. They are really getting on my last nerves with this paranoid BS.

They froze my accounts too. It took a visit to a branch to re-open them. I am not dealing with their nonsense. Funny they still call me to become their private client but Im going to completely close them 6 months from now.

Message 37 of 82
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Chase has always had the attitude of "we're doing you a favor by extending you the credit" and has never seemed to really appreciate customers. I know that's common with big banks, but even in the past talking to Chase analysts, they just always seem to have that undertone. They just aren't the most customer friendly bank.

You can plead your case; this has happened to some other people around the internet and they've gotten the accounts reinstated, so all hope isn't necessarily lost. The bigger point is that you shouldn't have to beg for the account back. It shouldn't have been closed to begin with. If you were heavily apping for cards and/or churning it would make more sense, but this is just unreasonable IMO.

Message 38 of 82
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Just curious why do you have so many checking accounts and did you have them all listed as a "pay from" acct with Chase?  Not saying anything is wrong with that, I too have multiple checking accounts....but only use two to pay credit credit card bills.   Don't know if that had anything to do with it but you never know. 

Could they be seeing you as a churner as a lot of banks give a SUB for opening a checking account.  You have cards with other banks ....work on developing a relationship with them and maybe get your credit limits increased.  Sorry about Chase's AA......I worry about it everytime I see a post like this.

Message 39 of 82
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

there are lots of possibliles but one I like is if one is older in establishing credit, has a newish file and has an low aaoa + and has a bunch of accounts and and is siphoning off them in cash vs points transfers and is doing anything other than a single payment from a single account by either pay or push only once a month after the cut then its tagged as bust out fraud.  there you have it

Message 40 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.