Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

“Why did you wait so long to adopt credit?” That is such horse crap on Chase’s part! That shows where our society is in regards to credit vs debt vs cash only. I admire you avoiding debt and credit all this time so kudos to you OP! From a lender’s perspective I suppose I could see how this MIGHT constitute some sort of fraud, but they already approved you for checking and another CC sooo? At this point, in the same situation, I wouldn’t so much as spit on any of their products or services. I hope it works out however you want it to though. Sorry I don’t have anything constructive to add for your situation, this just struck a nerve lol.

Ps...for future reference, there are lenders that will manually underwrite mortgages with no credit history.
Message 71 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Honestly, I dont think anyone is thinking you're being arrogant; certainly not me. I'm just happy you're sharing the DPs as you receive them. I hate it when someone posts a dire problem, and then the forum gets all involved providing suggestions and the poster disappears. 

Really, thank you. Whatever Chase's answer is, it will at least help solve the problem.

+1!!!

+1000  OP,  I have been reading through this thread with interest, even though I don't have Chase and won't for many years to come (they won't have me). But, I wanted to say that as I read through it, at no time did I think you were being arrogant or difficult, etc. I do appreciate the fact you took the time to post and provide information.   Thank you! 

Message 72 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a little twist of irony, other issuers seem to be going the opposite direction. Synchrony almost tripled my CL 3k -> 8k, and I'm being bombarded by mailers from Cap1 for their plat and Amex for their green and gold cards. Still waiting on the call, I'm sure they'll wait until the last day.
Message 73 of 82
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In a little twist of irony, other issuers seem to be going the opposite direction. Synchrony almost tripled my CL 3k -> 8k, and I'm being bombarded by mailers from Cap1 for their plat and Amex for their green and gold cards. Still waiting on the call, I'm sure they'll wait until the last day.

Our fingers are crossed for you @Anonymous !  Has anything changed in your Chase login?

Message 74 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

End of the saga...

Got the call just now, the account will be remaining closed, and the CSP will remain denied. Figured that would be what happened, went ahead and called their banking side to close my checking account. Nice rep went all "Aww, we'll miss you" and I replied "Yeah, I am already missing chase." She asked why and I told her they decided to close my CCs, so I didn't need their checking account to pay it anymore. Otherwise, standard closing.
They said the risk was too high, because I was eligible for credit so long and only now just got it.

Oh well, so long and thanks for all the cashback, Chase.

Edit: I just hope it reports as closed, paid as agreed or whatever it is. Considering it was sitting at 0 when they closed it.
Message 75 of 82
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I'm really sorry to hear that but at least they didn't make you wait until the very last day of the month...now you can move forward with plan b?!

Message 76 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't really have a plan b, only applied for the CSP for my trip next month, otherwise I was fine with the cards I had. I wanted to trust Chase over Synchrony while abroad, but my PPCBMC has no ftf and my Schwab debit reimburses atm fees, so I should be good.
Message 77 of 82
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, at least this puts some closure (no pun intended) on the situation and you can move on toward other goal cards or products down the road.  It's unfortunate that it turned out the way it did, but it is what it is.  Notwithstanding, you have a decent CC baseline so far and as one door closes another one will open for you at some point.  There is plenty of opportunities out there.

Message 78 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase... Don't... The day they call me to say it's not going to be reopened, I get an email to add offers to my card. I had 14 listed when they closed it, they disappeared two days after it was closed. Now I'm getting more offers on it. Chase, wut. This is actually the first email I've gotten about the offers despite them showing before.
Message 79 of 82
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase... Don't... The day they call me to say it's not going to be reopened, I get an email to add offers to my card. I had 14 listed when they closed it, they disappeared two days after it was closed. Now I'm getting more offers on it. Chase, wut. This is actually the first email I've gotten about the offers despite them showing before.

Even after reading the whole thread ... it just makes me wonder if I should even take a stab at them in the future. Chase has blacklisted my dad for doing some stuff which resulted in my dad, mom, grandparents (dad side) to not be allowed with Chase anymore.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.