Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

Thanks everyone for the support. I'll keep this thread updated with all the DPs I can.

Edit: Forgot to mention a bit of a funny from calling in... The first lady that told me there was nothing that could be done... Tried to sell me Chase services! She suggested I pay to speak with a Chase private financial advisor, and began to look up the numbers. I kindly declined.
Message 51 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted (are you allowed to even say that on a forum?).

Message 52 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted (are you allowed to even say that on a forum?).

Go stand in the corner and think about what you just did.

Message 53 of 82
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for keeping us posted and Im hoping for the best.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 54 of 82
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Message 55 of 82
swpopham
Established Contributor

we had our CSP closed with no notice a few years ago and it was chase's social media team that reached out after I posted on facebook and twitter and had the account re-opened the same day. It was pretty impressive overall.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 56 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I admire your persistence and i wish this whole thing eventually resolves in your favor. And given previous known situations if you have done nothing wrong and you pursue it, it will likely will.

I've read so many stories about Chase and their so called "Fraud protection" that sometimes i think of ending my relationship with them just for peace of mind.(i had a situation with them in the past)

Message 57 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also super interested to know what happened regarding why they closed your CFU. Any update on this?
Message 58 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm also super interested to know what happened regarding why they closed your CFU. Any update on this?

The way the FR department rep explained it to me, they didn't like the fact I waited 10 years from legally able to get credit, before actually getting credit. My guess is maybe it looked like a stolen identity flag. I know when I signed up for my CFU originally, I got a call from the fraud department 2 days after I was approved. Could be an extension of that.

Message 59 of 82
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The way the FR department rep explained it to me, they didn't like the fact I waited 10 years from legally able to get credit, before actually getting credit. My guess is maybe it looked like a stolen identity flag. I know when I signed up for my CFU originally, I got a call from the fraud department 2 days after I was approved. Could be an extension of that.

I think its a combination of establishing credit late, new accounts in a short time period, and the way you make transfers between banking accounts. This caused "red flags" but I think the Chase employee was overzealous in shutting down your accounts. Hopefully, your explanation will reverse the shutdown. If not, I would write the EO.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.