Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

@Anonymous wrote:
The unsatisfactory was because my CFU got closed, why it got closed is the running question. At least my PPCBMC has no FTF for my vacation, but I wanted to trust Chase more than Synchrony and actually try a travel card. I've never flown, and wanted to build some points to actually flu somewhere instead of driving.

Edit: @Remedios nope, everything in signature is current. I'm 4/24 and was keeping it that way specifically for the CSP.

I am sorry this happened to you

Message 11 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonus: Found three four-leaf clovers today, before calling Chase. They've never helped me. I've found hundreds, maybe thousands in my life. For all of you believers out there: heh.
Message 12 of 82
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like something internally flagged the application which then resulted in a deeper look and the PRR department performed a secondary review which led to the AA.  What was discovered is not going to be known for sure [to us], so the best thing you can do is reach out to them on Monday.   Keep your expectations tempered though as the PRR department rarely overturns AA decisions, but you can at least try.  Of course, it seems like your MF avatar now came to life!

Message 13 of 82
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Have you ever had a fraud alert on any Chase account, including checking, savings, or investments? Bounced checks?

Message 14 of 82
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Agreed.

I am sorry this happened to you as well...and that the four leaf clovers haven’t brought you much luck (I have only found one So far). Hopefully you can get clarity next week.
Message 15 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a fraud alert on any of my accounts, be it credit, checking, or savings. My Chase checking account is young, only about 1.5 months old. It's the only other relation besides the CFU I have with Chase. I actually liked it, unlike my US Bank and Ally accounts, Zelle worked as it should, instant. The other two always did three day send like some ancient ach. Though I opened it mostly to have a better relationship with Chase, and to pay my Chase cards faster, do they not like being paid faster?
Message 16 of 82
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I've never had a fraud alert on any of my accounts, be it credit, checking, or savings. My Chase checking account is young, only about 1.5 months old. It's the only other relation besides the CFU I have with Chase. I actually liked it, unlike my US Bank and Ally accounts, Zelle worked as it should, instant. The other two always did three day send like some ancient ach. Though I opened it mostly to have a better relationship with Chase, and to pay my Chase cards faster, do they not like being paid faster?

I don't think that is so much the issue.  It could be any number of things, so the best thing that can be done is contact them when they reopen.

Message 17 of 82
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Out of curiosity, did checking have SUB? 

Message 18 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar The only thing I can think of after some research is they apparently think paying multiple times in a month is some form of fraud. Especially from "multiple sources" I generally pay weekly to keep better tabs on my spending. If I don't have it, I don't spend it. Sometimes I push the payment from my Schwab account, sometimes I use the Chase portal to pull from Schwab or Chase, depending on if I'm close to the statement date. To date according to the spend analysis in the Chase app, I've only ran $2,361.80 through my CFU. So I haven't even used what they gave me yet... My limit is 3,300.

@Remedios No, the checking account had no sub. When I signed up, the sub required a checking AND savings. Then they emailed me about opening a checking only for a SUB with a date excluding my open date. "Deal not available on accounts opened X date or before" and my account was opened the exact date they listed.
Message 19 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

What an awful, hateful, shady institution. 

Sorry that this happened to you, hopefully you can make a compelling enough case to get them to overturn the decision. 

Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.