Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

@Anonymous wrote:

What an awful, hateful, shady institution. 

Sorry that this happened to you, hopefully you can make a compelling enough case to get them to overturn the decision. 

Chase is simply addressing a risk instance, how is that exaclty hateful?  It is unfortunate the OP experienced the AA, but until the situation is cleared up or the OP gets more information on the account closure, the actions are hardly construed as shady.  Chase has been known to clamp down in a variety of circumstances, but they're hardly the only FI that does this.

Message 21 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What an awful, hateful, shady institution. 

Sorry that this happened to you, hopefully you can make a compelling enough case to get them to overturn the decision. 

Chase is simply addressing a risk instance, how is that exaclty hateful?  It is unfortunate the OP experienced the AA, but until the situation is cleared up or the OP gets more information on the account closure, the actions are hardly construed as shady.  Chase has been known to clamp down in a variety of circumstances, but they're hardly the only FI that does this.

I’m entitled to have my opinions like everyone else. I have never had a high opinion of Bank One, I mean Chase. I am truly curious to see what asinine reason they give the OP. 

Chase is 100% a shady financial institution and while that can be said about all banks  Chase, BoA and Wells Fargo tend to earn their negative reputations. 

Apparently I’m not really alone in my dislike of them - https://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-reputation-survey

Message 22 of 82
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

OP, sorry that happened to you. I feel there is something missing in your story but I would like to mention that Chase doesn't like it when you are a new customer and you keep paying and linking multiple external banks to pay cards or transfer funds.

As far as shady acts all financial institutions in the United States have shady tactics, algorithms and they are tracking every single account all day every day, think of them as a frightened rat running from a big cat, the cat being the US Government. Everyone should stop being loyal to a certain bank and defend a bank because at the end of the day they don't care about you. Every bank's top priority is avoiding hefty penalties from US Government relating to money laundering and all that stuff, they don't care about any particular customer because there is always more fish in the sea and the nation is full of rich people and not so smart people paying interest. Keep that in mind and have relationships with multiple banks that way you are always covered in case a bank goes rogue on you for any ridiculous reason.

Message 23 of 82
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Sorry this is happening to you OP.  I'm very interested to see what Chase says when you call on Monday.  I wouldn't be able to wait patiently until then.  I would be at my local branch trying to find someone who could give me answers.

Message 24 of 82
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What. The. [Redacted]. Chase?

I applied for a CSP via black star "just for you" with a solid APR on May 7th. Today, the 17th, I call the automated line and got 7-10 days message. Hopefully it was just verification... Nope, after being moved around a couple departments, I got lending and he looked into it to tell me it was denied... for... "Unsatisfactory relationship with Chase" WAT!?

He looked into it and they denied the application today, along with CLOSING MY CFU. The CFU that's currently sitting at 0 balance after paying in full a couple days ago. The CFU that's never carried a balance, the one that has always been PIF'd and only one time rolled a statement with a balance (of only $90 of $3300). Which was PIF'd the following day.

When they pulled my reports, my FICO scores are current in my sig, along with INQs. Reported balance was $15, $7 on my Discover, $8 on my Cash+. The lending department was transfering me to another department and they disconnected me. Called back, and apparently the office JUST closed, so they picked it up and hung it up. So now I have to wait until Monday to see what the crap happened.  Ugh, this is going to grind on my anxiety all weekend.

Some data points:

Oldest Account: 3 years

AAoA: 9 Mo.

Never carried a balance.

Highest reported balance: $157

Always PIF'd, no lates, no missed payments.

Completely clean reports.

Honestly, going in and talking to a banker made a huge difference for me! My girlfriend is dealing with quite the conundrum, but our banker got the manager involved who then contacted the corporate office, more progress was made in 15 minutes at the bank than 3 hours on the phone, similarly running into the department closing every time I get forwarded.

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 25 of 82
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

OP,  you mention that you have completely clean reports, but has that always been the case?  Is there a chance you have any old derogatory accounts with Chase or any of their affiliates?

If you haven't already read the following thread, I recommend that you check it out.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Sometimes-the-churner-does-the-burning/td-p/5611331

You will see that the OP in that thread had a 12 year old charge off that came up during the review of the new application and was apparently the cause for Chase closing all of their accounts. 

Message 26 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Horrible situation OP. I use Chase for my primary checking and savings and have one card with them currently (Freedom). I'm very interested in what's going on with your situation. If it were me, I'd be at my local branch bright and early this morning (even though it's Saturday).

Good luck!

Edit: spelling

Message 27 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my reports have always been clean. The cards I hold now are the only cards I've ever had. I got into credit really late, never wanted it as I loathe the idea of owing anyone anything. Being turned down for a nice townhouse a few years ago because I had an empty credit report is what prompted me to finally get a credit card and build. Now I use them for fraud security and rewards, but still keep them paid off so I don't carry a balance. My almost 3 year old card is my first card. No prior banking with Chase either. As far as heading to a branch, closest one is 2 hours away in another state. Smiley Sad
Message 28 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, logged into the app and checked my documents area and looked at the pdf of why it was closed.

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS OPENED RECENTLY
NOT ENOUGH CREDIT INFORMATION ON FILE

They listed Experian as the source of their info... which is currently FICO 752, 3 HPs, no derogs, and $8 balance.
Message 29 of 82
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Whenever you apply for a chase card if they wanna approve you they do a secondary overall check. They didn't like your velocity (too many chase accounts in a short period given that you opened a credit card and checking and CSP in 3 months period and also looks like you have short credit history with many recent open accounts). I totally see Chase doing that, not saying it's fair but not new.

Sorry OP

Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.