cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney - Denied - "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Disney - Denied - "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

Is it possible to get approved for this card by calling the recon number based on a "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"?  In the past, the reason was that my credit score was too low.  Are they just showing me this and nothing else and if they approve it might I get denied for another reason?

I have burned them in the past but it is now off my reports.  My assumption is that they still remember this.  If I do call them what do I say?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Disney - Denied - "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

You can certainly try to recon.. Assuming that you don't have more than 5 accounts in the last 24 months...  Whether they forgive you burning them only they will know and a recon might be able to override the automated computer decision.  Do you have a BK on your file still, if so that is a no go with chase now.  You already burnt the HP though so if you don't mind speaking with an UW for 10-30 mins then by all means try.  How much did you burn chase for?  Also doesn't matter if it is off your reports they have it in their databases and will for the rest of your life or unless chase goes out of business first

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Disney - Denied - "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You can certainly try to recon.. Assuming that you don't have more than 5 accounts in the last 24 months...  Whether they forgive you burning them only they will know and a recon might be able to override the automated computer decision.  Do you have a BK on your file still, if so that is a no go with chase now.  You already burnt the HP though so if you don't mind speaking with an UW for 10-30 mins then by all means try.  How much did you burn chase for?  Also doesn't matter if it is off your reports they have it in their databases and will for the rest of your life or unless chase goes out of business first

My report is clean now but I did burn them.  I can't remember the exact amount but it was more than 5K I believe.  I would have to go and look back at my old reports to see the exact amount.

Yeah, I guess there is no harm in trying.  Just not sure what to say.  I assume just be honest with them and say I am trying to establish a new relationship with them.

Message 3 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

My report is clean now but I did burn them.  I can't remember the exact amount but it was more than 5K I believe.  I would have to go and look back at my old reports to see the exact amount.

Yeah, I guess there is no harm in trying.  Just not sure what to say.  I assume just be honest with them and say I am trying to establish a new relationship with them.

Yep honesty is the best policy and say you have learned from your past or x happened and caused it and have reserves so this won't happen again, etc.. Just be ready for a long conversation as they can sometimes go past 30+ minutes and have your answers prepared.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yep honesty is the best policy and say you have learned from your past or x happened and caused it and have reserves so this won't happen again, etc.. Just be ready for a long conversation as they can sometimes go past 30+ minutes and have your answers prepared.

Awesome!  Thanks for the advice.  I will try to call them this week and see what happens.  I'm even willing to take a low credit limit just to build something with them.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well seems it is a no go :\

They said I will receive a letter in the mail in 1-2 weeks saying why I was denied again.

Message 6 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, at least you tried OP. No harm no foul.

If the reasoning remains the same as the original decline, it means that they're unlikely to look past the prior relationship.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Well, at least you tried OP. No harm no foul.

If the reasoning remains the same as the original decline, it means that they're unlikely to look past the prior relationship.

From what I can tell that is going to be on there.  If I really want this card I know a way I could be an authorized user and then I just pay for the card as I will be the only one using it.

But if Chase wants to be this way I won't bother with them anymore.

Message 8 of 16
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They said I will receive a letter in the mail in 1-2 weeks saying why I was denied again.

Was that after calling recon?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that after calling recon?

Yes.  Should I expect that I am getting a card?  I believe he said I was denied again.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.