Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney - I want free money :)

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Chase Disney - I want free money :)

Who am I kidding? Between my new car lease and Costco Visa, I'm so far out of the garden I need GPS to return. Smiley LOL

Decided to go for one last notch on my EX report before hibernating the rest of the year, and have been mulling over the Chase Disney card for a little bit. We're going on vacation to SoCal in May, and that $200 statement credit (current referral bonus on the no-AF card) sure would help offset the airfare cost.  I would eventually roll the limit into another one of my Chase cards, so I decided to go for it. I got the 30 day message, which I know can go both ways. In the past, it hasn't worked out in my favor, but I will wait and see. I'm hoping to get at least $5K on the limit, 

Since this is a household expense, I used the household income of $174K on the app. EX was pulled, and most recently was at 737. Might be a few points lower now with the new lease and Citi HP's on there. INQ's in the past 12 months are now at 10 after my little spree. 

Edit: link to the current referral bonus: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-disney-200-statement-sign-bonus-no-af-100-per-referral-share-re...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Disney - I want free money :)

I wouldn't be surprised if you got a $15k to $20k SL on the Disney. They've been particularly generous with that card's SLs in the past. 

Message 2 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if you got a $15k to $20k SL on the Disney. They've been particularly generous with that card's SLs in the past. 

Ha, wouldn't that be nice Smiley Happy If I got a limit like that out of Chase, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78wrote:

@Gmood1wrote:

Ha, wouldn't that be nice Smiley Happy If I got a limit like that out of Chase, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Smiley LOL

I'm sure you'd figure it out!😂

I apped for this card a little over two years ago. I nearly fell out of my chair when the screen reloaded. It was $15 or $16k out of the gate. My household income is no where near as high as yours.😉

My scores weren't as high as yours either.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78wrote:

Who am I kidding? Between my new car lease and Costco Visa, I'm so far out of the garden I need GPS to return. Smiley LOL

Decided to go for one last notch on my EX report before hibernating the rest of the year, and have been mulling over the Chase Disney card for a little bit. We're going on vacation to SoCal in May, and that $200 statement credit sure would help offset the airfare cost.  I would eventually roll the limit into another one of my Chase cards, so I decided to go for it. I got the 30 day message, which I know can go both ways. In the past, it hasn't worked out in my favor, but I will wait and see. I'm hoping to get at least $5K on the limit, 

Since this is a household expense, I used the household income of $174K on the app. EX was pulled, and most recently was at 737. Might be a few points lower now with the new lease and Citi HP's on there. INQ's in the past 12 months are now at 10 after my little spree. 

The Chase Disney is one of the weakest ways to offset a vacation cost. After the $49 annual fee which isn't waived the first year, you're looking at a $150 bonus. Even the AARP card has a better sign up offer when all said and done. 

Doesn't the United Mileage Plus Explorer card has a 50,000 bonus with no annual fee the first year? I believe United's miles are worth about 1.5 cents a piece, rending this bonus worth $750... Much higher than the $150 you'll get from the Disney card. What about the Chase Sapphire Preferred (waive AF and 50,000 UR bonus), or the Southwest cards (50,000)? 

Message 5 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

Decided to go for one last notch on my EX report before hibernating the rest of the year, and have been mulling over the Chase Disney card for a little bit. We're going on vacation to SoCal in May, and that $200 statement credit sure would help offset the airfare cost.  I would eventually roll the limit into another one of my Chase cards, so I decided to go for it. I got the 30 day message, which I know can go both ways. In the past, it hasn't worked out in my favor, but I will wait and see. I'm hoping to get at least $5K on the limit, 

The Chase Disney is one of the weakest ways to offset a vacation cost. After the $49 annual fee which isn't waived the first year, you're looking at a $150 bonus. Even the AARP card has a better sign up offer when all said and done. 

Doesn't the United Mileage Plus Explorer card has a 50,000 bonus with no annual fee the first year? I believe United's miles are worth about 1.5 cents a piece, rending this bonus worth $750... Much higher than the $150 you'll get from the Disney card. What about the Chase Sapphire Preferred (waive AF and 50,000 UR bonus), or the Southwest cards (50,000)? 

There is also a NO AF version of the card as well..

But, no matter what, it DOES make an awesome dnor card for a CLI with Chase...LOL  I just killed off my AARP card and combined it into my Amazon Visa today.. I had no use for the AARP any more, now that I have numerous 3% dining cards.. and 3% on gas doesnt thrill me in the least.. 

Also, SW, and United (I am pretty sure) are 5/24 cards. Disney is not

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

But, no matter what, it DOES make an awesome dnor card for a CLI with Chase...LOL  I just killed off my AARP card and combined it into my Amazon Visa today.. I had no use for the AARP any more, now that I have numerous 3% dining cards.. and 3% on gas doesnt thrill me in the least.. 

A $50 statement credit isn't even worth a card app, which is what you get with the no AF Disney Visa. 

You might as well just request a credit line increase or apply for the Ritz Carlton. At least with the Ritz you can get a $300 travel credit applied towards airfare. Yes there's an AF of $450, but it's worth it if you can get the two complimentary nights. 

Message 7 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@fltireguywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

A $50 statement credit isn't even worth a card app, which is what you get with the no AF Disney Visa. 

You might as well just request a credit line increase or apply for the Ritz Carlton. At least with the Ritz you can get a $300 travel credit applied towards airfare. Yes there's an AF of $450, but it's worth it if you can get the two complimentary nights. 

As I said in my original post, there is a referral link out there right now that gives a $200 statement credit after $500 spend. This is on the no annual fee version of the card. Please check Doctor of Credit for further details. 

Ritz Carlton doesn’t fit my spending patterns. Not interested in an annual fee. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nowhere in your original post does it mention Doctor of Credit or any kind of referral bonus. 

Not to bash you, but please edit your original post to mention the offer. You can bet I won't be the only one confused by your post. Not only will it clarify your point a bit more, but it will also provide useful information to everyone else. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78wrote:

Good shot to get approvedl! Nice they increased the sign-up bonus on the no-AF card.

You can only get the airline credit on the the Disney Premier verison of the card. Unless that has changed very recently, with the no-AF card, you can only redeem for the the redemption card and the newly added Disney merch/movies.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.